Windows 10: Changing text colors for programs ?

Discus and support Changing text colors for programs ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Several programs I use have dark backgrounds with dark colored text, such as black background with dark blue text, someone told me there's a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kradnam, Jan 27, 2016.

1. kradnam Win User

Changing text colors for programs ?

Several programs I use have dark backgrounds with dark colored text, such as black background with dark blue text, someone told me there's a way to change text colors in the programs through windows 10 settings, is that correct? if so how ?

:)

kradnam, Jan 27, 2016

2. The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black in Windows 10

<Original Title: Color of text in taskbar>

I've recently upgraded system to Windows 10 and I've found one problem: The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black (so it's difficult to read it). I've tried changing of desktop background and taskbar colors but
    the text remains black.

In my second computer with Win 10 the text is white but I also haven't found out how to change it.

Is there any option to manually or automatically change color of text in task bar?

Betelgeuze, Jan 27, 2016
  3. How to change the colour of facebook taxt

Original Title: text colors

How can I change the color of text on facebook,etc I find it difficult to read the light blue text?

mike the marine vet, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 27, 2016
  5. kradnam Win User
    Thanks for the info, this helped on apps alone, does not seem to work for other programs not counted as apps though.
    What i am trying to do is change the text color of a certain word and it seems this has to be done via windows some how, example pics below.

Changing text colors for programs ? [​IMG]

This is how it looks now with the Dark blue text at top, what i'm trying to get is,

Any help with this is appreciated.

kradnam, Jan 28, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What program is this for?

I'm not sure anything can be done unless the program has a setting of its own for this though.

Brink, Jan 28, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    I doubt what you want is possible.

For good or bad, applications (at least the traditional kind) have ultimate control over their own appearance. But most accept the default colors provided by the system that apply to all applications. Windows does offer limited control over these. But many applications do specify their own colors and that can cause some problems. Windows offers no facilities at all for overriding application specified colors. As a programmer (amateur) I can't conceive how this might be done, even in principle.

The only reasonable hope for what you want is if the application itself provided these options. Most provide only limited control over colors, many none at all.

LMiller7, Jan 28, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

The first thing that comes to mind is, apply a High Contrast Theme,
    there may be other options but, this could be a starting point, unless you're thinking of something totally different.

Edwin, Jan 28, 2016
  9. kradnam Win User
    Ok thanks all for the help, I remember older programs used to give control over text and background colors, but newer ones not so much. I'll stick to what it gives me for now, cuz i have tried everything, even the high contrast themes and nothing lol.
    thanks again for the info.

kradnam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing text colors for programs ? - Similar Threads - Changing text colors

2. changing color of boarder text

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing color of boarder text: my question is when i am using multiple tabs using chrome if you can see the top left corner the google word is in white text but if you click on the taskbar or if you click folder etc that will turn into black which makes my eyes sore i want to know how to make that text...
  3. Change my text color

Change my text color: I am unable to see the text written on my screen and it is very light blue. All I want is to have solid white with my background and vice versa with black if white background.. Please will you help Thanks Kellie...
  4. Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

Change colors of toolbars and icon texts: How can I change the colors of toolbars, text in toolbars? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-colors-of-toolbars-and-icon-texts/2842acb3-f56f-430e-8f24-83fda8fa0a19
  5. Backround color on programs and text

Backround color on programs and text: All my programs and text have a red backround/color I have tried changing personalisation, and microsoft support have not been any help, any suggestions ? Windows version 1903 but also appeared on the previous version from which Microsoft suggest I upgraded to...
  6. Text changing color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text changing color: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix this? I got my Windows 10 laptop on Christmas and this issue started happening shortly after, where the text randomly turns green, purple, or pink. It stopped happening and recently started again. I've not messed with the graphics...
  7. Text and background color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and background color change: Following the last automatic update to Windowws the background color and text color chnges on Excel and message boxesl ike this one. How to I change it back so I can see what is being entered?...
  8. Change Color of Yellow text

Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  9. Change Color of Yellow text

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  10. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Is there someway to change titlebar text color?: Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all these customization options in windows 10, that even windows 95, 98, xp, me, vista, 7 and I think 8 had. 14676