Windows 10: Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

Discus and support Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, my dad recently bought a new computer and i got the one we were using for my room. My dads Microsoft account is the administrator - meaning his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by amit yakovian, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

hi,

my dad recently bought a new computer and i got the one we were using for my room.

My dads Microsoft account is the administrator - meaning his email address is displayed in the lock screen and in many other places.

I would like having my own Microsoft account as the administrator but without deleting all the settings and the files/folders that are in the current administrator account. How do i do that?

Thanks!

:)

amit yakovian, Aug 9, 2019
  2. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Aug 9, 2019
  3. modder Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

more info : when logon screen appear ,user name:administrator (depend os language ) without password --- now you are a super administrator

modder, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

Changing Administrator in User Account

Hi Bryan,

In order for us to assist you on how to delete your Administrator Account from your computer. Kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Start.
    • Look for Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Then look for Manage another user's account.
    • Select your old account and then delete it.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

1. Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data - Similar Threads - Changing administrator users

2. Deleted Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Administrator Account: Hello, I was trying to delete all of my accounts on my pc so i don't have to put in password and login in everytime i get on but i guess i changed my administrator to local and now i can't really do anything and everything i do it requires me to sign in as administrator and...
  3. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"
  4. Delete administrator account

Delete administrator account: I need to close down my old administrator account on my laptop but because Microsoft closed that account I can no longer sign in and do this. Is there another way to clear this account?...
  5. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Changing a user account from standard to administration: Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop....
  6. delete administrator account

delete administrator account: how do I delete an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-administrator-account/2c835d43-6e09-482a-935a-96cc31081cfd
  7. normal user account automatically changed to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    normal user account automatically changed to administrator: Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360
  8. Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?: I have a single administrator account. I've created local users with it. The local accounts function perfectly. However, the administrator account has become progressively less stable. I'd like to delete it and replace it with a fresh account. How can I do this without...
  9. User Account / Administrator

User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...
  10. Administrator account deleted

Administrator account deleted: I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted. Administrator privileges were given to an old account for which I no longer have a password. My only access to my computer is as...