Windows 10: Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

Discus and support Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, my dad recently bought a new computer and i got the one we were using for my room. My dads Microsoft account is the administrator - meaning his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by amit yakovian, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

hi,

my dad recently bought a new computer and i got the one we were using for my room.

My dads Microsoft account is the administrator - meaning his email address is displayed in the lock screen and in many other places.

I would like having my own Microsoft account as the administrator but without deleting all the settings and the files/folders that are in the current administrator account. How do i do that?

Thanks!

:)

amit yakovian, Aug 9, 2019
  2. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Aug 9, 2019
  3. modder Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

more info : when logon screen appear ,user name:administrator (depend os language ) without password --- now you are a super administrator

modder, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

Changing Administrator in User Account

Hi Bryan,

In order for us to assist you on how to delete your Administrator Account from your computer. Kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Start.
    • Look for Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Then look for Manage another user's account.
    • Select your old account and then delete it.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

1. Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data - Similar Threads - Changing administrator users

2. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  3. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  4. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  6. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  7. How to recover a deleted user and its data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a deleted user and its data: I accidently deleted a user in my laptop which had most of my data, now when I open the users folder I still see the old user and it asks for administrator permission but it doesn't open, how do I recover all the data stored in that user?...
  8. Delete administrator account but keep the data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete administrator account but keep the data: I logged in my laptop using my school account. Now I want to transfer the admin right and all the data disk C:, D:, settings, etc. from this school account to my personal Microsoft account, then delete the school account from my laptop. How can I do it? Thanks in advance....
  9. administrator user account deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator user account deleted: accidentally windows administrator user account deleted now I am not able to install or uninstall any apps because administrator permission option is not showing for installing or uninstalling...
  10. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"