Windows 10: Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?

Discus and support Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way I can change the BitLocker recovery key to a new one on my encrypted OS drive? Do I need to first Suspend BitLocker to do so? Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?

Is there a way I can change the BitLocker recovery key to a new one on my encrypted OS drive?

Do I need to first Suspend BitLocker to do so?

Is there a tutorial on this here?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Dec 23, 2017

2. Unlock Bit locker

Bitlocker encrypted drives are tied to the OS. When you re-installed the OS you broke that. If the passcode nor the recovery key works the data is forever gone.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 23, 2017
  3. Bitlocker

I encrypted my whole system in Windows 10 OS, with bitlocker, I then changed the bitlocker password and rebooted my pc. When the screen to enter the bitlocker password popped up I entered the new password that I have changed to, but it kept saying incorrect
    password. The problem is I don't have the recovery key, and I might only have a copy of my recovery folder stored in my drive which I have no access to as of right now.

Any suggestions

michaelngh, Dec 23, 2017
  4. Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?

Decrypt the drive, then encrypt again.

Peter Gibbons, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?

1. Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive? - Similar Threads - Changing BitLocker Recovery

2. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  3. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  4. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key: Ok, so I'm an everyday user of my laptop who has a low to moderate understanding of some of the back end processes.I have a piece of software that is not responding and the developer has told me "You likely have some software on your computer intefering with xxx. Try...
  5. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key: Ok, so I'm an everyday user of my laptop who has a low to moderate understanding of some of the back end processes.I have a piece of software that is not responding and the developer has told me "You likely have some software on your computer intefering with xxx. Try...
  6. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: I purchased a second hand HP ProDesk PC and supplier replaced original SSD with new larger capacity. BitLocker was and remains turned on. I wasn't aware until I spent some time updating Win10 Pro and downloading some programs and data.Via Control Panel > BitLocker Drive...
  8. Bitlocker encryption key recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker encryption key recovery: My Dell windows 10 laptop is acting up. Won't finish booting up.. Try to run clean disk and keep getting asked for my bit locker encryption key... I've never set this up machine bought new in a store. Help! Please... Steve...
  9. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: On Windows 10, I'm trying to set up a Bitlock Recovery Key and I accepted the Print option. On the print out I am being asked to compare the start of the identifier on the print out with the identifier on my computer to see if it matches. Where on the computer would I find...
  10. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...
Tags: