Windows 10: Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

Discus and support Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change the background color of the general context menus & also their font, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. In Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phrab, Apr 17, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

I would like to change the background color of the general context menus & also their font, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. In Windows XP (I know...long, long ago*Smile), you could right click the desktop, go to Properties > Appearance > Advanced & make all sorts of changes without going to the registry. It looks like a lot of that is hidden now. Here's an image of what the color & font is now & what I'd like it to be (from WinXP):

Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font [​IMG]

I could not find the registry keys that would change this. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

:)

phrab, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

If you want to change size make sure you have backup or else note what you did so that you can undo the steps.

Here's my desktop and context menu:

Here it is if i make it bigger:

See thread here:

Classic Advanced Windows Color and Appearance Dialog Box

That applet works for me but I use a non aero basic theme. It probably won't work if using other themes.

In any case I've also used Winaero Tweaker and these but you should backup Metrics.

I've also used sysfontbold.exe

Callender, May 23, 2020
  3. phrab Win User

I would like to change the background color of the general context menus & also their font, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. In Windows XP (I know...long, long ago*Smile), you could right click the desktop, go to Properties > Appearance > Advanced & make all sorts of changes without going to the registry. It looks like a lot of that is hidden now. Here's an image of what the color & font is now & what I'd like it to be (from WinXP):

I could not find the registry keys that would change this. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

phrab, May 23, 2020
  4. phrab Win User

THIS IS AMAZING. I've been looking for that applet (desk.cpl) for over 2 years. I don't know if it will save themes, but it's identical to the one I had in Windows XP. This was my post from over 2 years ago
    How find all the desktop appearance items like Windows XP

I just downloaded it & it does load, so I'll see if I can make the changes that I want. You've made some amazing finds! Thank you again!*cake

phrab, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font - Similar Threads - Changing Color Context

2. HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?: Recently I upgraded my OS to 11 from 10. Is there any way to change the blue color of the icons as shown in the image into any other color as per my choice?? I tried changing the accent color but no luck :Pls help me asap!! Thanks in advance...
  3. HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?: Recently I upgraded my OS to 11 from 10. Is there any way to change the blue color of the icons as shown in the image into any other color as per my choice?? I tried changing the accent color but no luck :Pls help me asap!! Thanks in advance...
  4. context menu selection color

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu selection color: So recently something has changed in Windows 10 that has caused the color of items I've selected to be barely different than the color of non-selected items. This happens in both context menus and even in apps. I think this change started with the 20H2 release. It's happened...
  5. font color change

font color change: How do I change gray font color to black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color-change/295973f5-2fd2-46ce-9a88-ab214a12070b
  6. Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?

Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?: This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default Segoe. All other fonts can be changed except these. Even using WinAero Tweaker and registry edits it has no effect. I have...
  7. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  8. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  9. Context Menu Fonts

Context Menu Fonts: Upgraded today to the Windows 10 update. Since Windows 7, Windows defaults to the awfull (for my taste at least) Segoe UI font. In Windows 7 and 8 these could still be changed but in Windows 10, Mircrosoft removed that option so the font settings for icons, messages etc are...
  10. How to change context menu font? 1709 16299.125

How to change context menu font? 1709 16299.125: I can't change this font: [img] I need Tahoma 8, to see like this: [img] Thank you. 105847

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows right click menu selected color