Windows 10: changing the combination for "half-space" or ZWNJ character

Discus and support changing the combination for "half-space" or ZWNJ character in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Currently, in order to type "half-space" or ZWNJ character, one needs to type Ctrl + Shift + 2, which is really painful! specially in Persian where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NimGharib, Jul 7, 2020.

1. NimGharib Win User

changing the combination for "half-space" or ZWNJ character

Currently, in order to type "half-space" or ZWNJ character, one needs to type Ctrl + Shift + 2, which is really painful! specially in Persian where it's needed very often. I know, there are multiple software that can help mapping this combination. However, I don't want to go that way, my question is, is there any possibilities for Windows to abandonthis combination and use something easier and more meaningful e.g. Shift + Space?

:)

NimGharib, Jul 7, 2020

2. Change keyboard combination of a special character

How can I change key-combination of special characters on a specific language keyboard?

Example:

On a keyboard there is a key-combination for a special character. I want to be able to:

1. Use this key-combo for another special char.

or

2. Use another key-combo for this special char.

More specifically, I want to insert Unicode 200C character (zero width non-joiner) with Ctrl+Space or Shift+Space keys.

Is this even possible in windows 10?

HessamAlizadeh, Jul 7, 2020
  3. barkoosh Win User
    How change "ZWNJ" from "Ctrl + Shift + 2" in Keyboard to "Ctrl + Space bar" in keyboard in windows 7 up to 10

Hi

I suggest that you use Autohotkey. Follow the instructions
    here
    , and use the script below for your case (copy the lines together to make sure you include the ZWNJ character at the end of the second line). With Autohotkey, you can even convert the ahk file to exe.

^space::

Send, ‌

return

barkoosh, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. changing the combination for "half-space" or ZWNJ character - Similar Threads - changing combination half

2. CTRL+ALT+2 dosen't work any more for "half-space" or ZWNJ character on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+2 dosen't work any more for "half-space" or ZWNJ character on windows 10: Hi,recently the CTRL+ALT+2 combination doesn't work for inserting ZWNJ character in the Farsi language anymore!I reinstall my keyboard and language but the problem doesn't resolve!Is there any solution besides reinstalling the windows?...
  3. Korean Hangul characters not combining, only type in straight line!

Korean Hangul characters not combining, only type in straight line!: I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out why this is happening suddenly, but when I enable the Korean keyboard on my Windows 10 computer, all of the characters come out in a single line, like this... ... instead of combining into syllables like this... I...
  4. Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN

Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN: Hello Everyone, I am trying to type a paper in the Arabic Language and I need to put more than one diacritic on a single letter. I have been trying to find a way in Word but it doesn't work. When I tried to do this in Libre Writer it works. Is there a way to make this work...
  5. [Character Map] Add Keystroke Combinations For Unassigned Symbols

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Character Map] Add Keystroke Combinations For Unassigned Symbols: Hi all, So basically i'm at a loss here. There's a couple of symbols i use quite frequently, but fall outside of the standard 255 alt code range. I've tried looking through the Character Map program, and the symbol i'm looking for doesn't have a combination. Specifically...
  6. Private characters line spacing

Private characters line spacing: Hello! I'm using private character editor built-in Windows known also as EUDCEDIT. I see that all private characters have different line spacing than standard characters. Top of private character is partly not visible, if, only in higher font size and aligned to other...
  7. Change characters on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change characters on keyboard: My keyboard changes characters from ie hash to £. I started recently. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/change-characters-on-keyboard/719f7438-ff2c-4bf6-b843-b4ac9ffcc573
  8. How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?: Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I need the paid version to do this? Attachment 96363 60387
  9. Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space

Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space: Hello, I just assembled a new PC. It has a single 4TB hard drive. During Windows 10 installation, I created a 200gb partition to install to as the C: drive. It auto partitioned my drive into a 500MB system reserved partition, my C: drive, and two unallocated spaces of...
  10. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

Combine Unallocated space to System Partition: Greetings all, I had 2 useless partitions, one at the very beginning of my HD and the second at the very end. My setup is GPT Basic btw. I would like to know, using MiniTool Partition Wizard version 9.1, if it is possible to merge these former partitions (now...