Windows 10: Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool

Discus and support Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After making a new snip with the snipping tool you can send to an email recipient with the image as an attachment. By default this attachment is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cosmarchy, Oct 18, 2018.

1. cosmarchy Win User

Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool

After making a new snip with the snipping tool you can send to an email recipient with the image as an attachment.

By default this attachment is a jpg. Is there any way to change the extension so the attachment is always a specific extension?

Thanks

:)

cosmarchy, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Debbiehyg Win User

Snipping tool - change default back to save as jpg.

On a new computer with Windows 10, the snipping tool's default is to save as a png file. I save all my snips as jpg files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way to change the default to save as jpg. I have looked to try to
    change the default settings, but snipping tool is not on that list.

Debbiehyg, Oct 18, 2018
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool

Snipping Tool messed up by default font change in Windows 10

I changed Windows 10 (Fall Creator update) default font to Arial bold (using Registry) recently. Everything seemed to be OK until I tried to use Snipping Tool. It opened as a minimized toolbar and did not offer any other choices than "close". I could use
    "workaround" by going to Task manager, right click on Snipping Tool and click on Maximize, which would bring forth the Snipping screen (with the Task Manager window in front, of course). Not really a work around. I tried many different things and Googled wide
    and far, but no answers. And yes, I tried to reboot, Safe Mode, copying another version of Snipping Tool and ran SFC as well.

Well, I changed back to original default font and lo and behold, the Snipping tool came back to full functionality.

I find it hard to believe that such a simple thing would break the Snipping tool, but it did on my computer.

Anybody has any suggestions short of going to Linux?

WinNowuser, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool

1. Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool - Similar Threads - Changing default attachment

2. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  3. Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...: I know an individual user can change the automatic saving of screenshots using Snipping Tool from on to off. However, can an organisation using MMDs change the settings so that it defaults to off for all users?...
  4. Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...: I know an individual user can change the automatic saving of screenshots using Snipping Tool from on to off. However, can an organisation using MMDs change the settings so that it defaults to off for all users?...
  5. Re Snipping tool & windows 11. Change default printer orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re Snipping tool & windows 11. Change default printer orientation: Re Snipping tool. Typically I take a screen shot then print. The default print orientation is always landscape and in my case I want to change that default to portrait. I use snipping tool a lot and this will save me repeatedly having to change it. For info my printer, a...
  6. Re Snipping tool & windows 11. Change default printer orientation

Re Snipping tool & windows 11. Change default printer orientation: Re Snipping tool. Typically I take a screen shot then print. The default print orientation is always landscape and in my case I want to change that default to portrait. I use snipping tool a lot and this will save me repeatedly having to change it. For info my printer, a...
  7. Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”

Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”: Im just changing over from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of my favorite Apps is the Snipping Tool. Is there a way to set your preferred (default) shape / Mode in Windows 10? Seems like a few extra unnecessary clicks for a basic operation. Thank you!...
  8. extension default change

in Windows 10 Customization
    extension default change: Would like to know how to change default programs for extensions eg. txt, rtf. NOT the easy way that doesn't work - settings only offers certain choices and I want something NOT listed - in this case I want Wordpad....
  9. Snipping tool not using default mail client

Snipping tool not using default mail client: Hi, On my Win 10 laptop, when I use snipping tool and try to send the file to someone with email via snipping tool's built in -file-send to-email recipient option, snipping tool tries to send it through outlook 2016 even though my default mail app is set as "Mail" app. What...
  10. How to make snipping tool default to new snip

How to make snipping tool default to new snip: Hello, Just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. I am trying to like it *Smile. One of the annoyances I've found so far is the snipping tool. When on Win 7, when I did my shortcut keys to open it, it would automatically go into snipping mode so I could just move my mouse to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change default file type of snipping tool