Windows 10: Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Discus and support Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by miloshapiro, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact, it's the one I use least. The one I use most is actually in position 5 because I added it first.
    Hoping there's some way to tell Mail to open a certain email first rather than defaulting to the top one? Cannot seem to find how to do this. And googling this keeps leading me to articles about how to set Mail as my default system, not how to set a default email within Mail. Thank you!

:)

miloshapiro, Mar 5, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Changing email address to avoid junk mail

I have windows 10, Microsoft account & use windows live mail. Want to slightly change my email address because of all the junk mail. Please in simple steps tell me how to do this !!! Thank you.!!!

[Original title: changing email address]

marjorieikov, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

1. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail - Similar Threads - Changing default email

2. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  3. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  4. Change of email address for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of email address for Microsoft account: Hi, I'm about to retire and that means closing down my company and its web domain and my associated email address. I want to continue to use my Windows 10 computer but with the new private domain name and email address I have recently registered.When I tried to add my new...
  5. How change default sign in email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How change default sign in email address?: An incorrect email address due to a typo keeps coming up on Microsoft sign in to account. It can be edited but how do I change the default? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-change-default-sign-in-email-address/96e3cc70-e62a-4035-86ab-47b84f9e86b6
  6. Microsoft Account Email Address Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Email Address Change: My Microsoft Account was set up some years ago. I have changed ISP since then. The email address associated with my account uses a domain that is no longer valid. My current ISP doesn't recognize the domain and will not process email containing that domain name. I no...
  7. Change Default Windows Email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Windows Email address: Hey guys, I've been trying for hours to change my default windows login for my laptop. The only option its giving me is to change which account is an administrator but there doesnt seem to be an option for deleting the default email address and adding a new one. Im not...
  8. Microsoft Password Email Address Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Password Email Address Change: I have many files and folders on onedrive. I would like to change eventually delete my primary alias. I intend on creating a second alias and make that my primary before eventually deleting my original primary alias. With that being said, I surely do not want to lose and...
  9. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  10. Changing my microsoft email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my microsoft email address: So I want to change the email address associated with my microsoft account. The only problem is I am currently using a microsoft-enabled account for windows 10. So my old email I want to change from literally has an account on this computer. My question is, when I change my...