Windows 10: Changing the Default LockScreen Image

Discus and support Changing the Default LockScreen Image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by js0873, Sep 14, 2019.

1. js0873 Win User

Changing the Default LockScreen Image

I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default:

Changing the Default LockScreen Image [​IMG]

Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

and setting a LockScreenImage value, like this:

Changing the Default LockScreen Image [​IMG]

I did that but with varying results. I've seen cases where it chooses the image I specify, but in most other cases it's changing it to something different, but not the image I specified, nor still using the default one. So it partially works, making a change, but it's not using the one I'm specifying. Any ideas why it's choosing a different random image than what I'm specifying?

:)

js0873, Sep 14, 2019

2. I want to get the default images back for lock screen and desktop

Hi Ryan,

To change the lockscreen and desktop background to default, follow the steps provided below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Background.
    • In the right pane, click on the drop down list under Background
      and select Picture.
    • Choose the default picture displayed below the drop down list.
    • Follow the same steps to change the lockscreen image as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Change image of default login screen

Hi ZACHD. Thanks for the reply.

To answer your question, the "picture" under Settings :: Personalization :: Lockscreen is set to Spotlight. (See attached image below). But I want to make sure you understand that I'm trying to change the default lockscreen
    image, which is the one that appears when no one is logged in, not the personal lockscreen image that appears when I'm logged into my account. Maybe your question was a pre-step to fixing the default lock screen. Just want to make sure you understand
    what I'm trying to fix via this forum thread.

What are my next steps? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Changing the Default LockScreen Image e56e1ef4-bf18-432b-9860-9abece59bbd0.png

ReadyOrNot, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Changing the Default LockScreen Image

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Changing the Default LockScreen Image

1. Changing the Default LockScreen Image - Similar Threads - Changing Default LockScreen

2. Images not fitting on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images not fitting on lockscreen: I’m trying to customize on lockscreen to be a slideshow. However, none of the images seem to be fitting. I’ve tried to adjust them but they all seem too big. I previously had a slideshow but unfortunately my laptop got wiped and then the laptop updated to a different windows....
  3. Images not fitting on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images not fitting on lockscreen: I’m trying to customize on lockscreen to be a slideshow. However, none of the images seem to be fitting. I’ve tried to adjust them but they all seem too big. I previously had a slideshow but unfortunately my laptop got wiped and then the laptop updated to a different windows....
  4. Images not fitting on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change lockscreen to custom images in windows 11

Unable to change lockscreen to custom images in windows 11: i unfortunately had to reinstall windows a few days ago and its been extremely buggy for some reason it tends to do that when reinstallingAnyways, i've been trying to set a custom lockscreen image but it never sets it. when i go into settings and select the image to use, it...
  6. Change LockScreen Image when PC is lock

Change LockScreen Image when PC is lock: Hi, how do I force a lock screen image to update when my computer is locked? The image is created by a scheduled task when the computer is locked, the user logs off, or when the network status changes.Updating the image on the lock screen does not take effect immediately, but...
  7. Change LockScreen Image when PC is lock

Change LockScreen Image when PC is lock: Hi, how do I force a lock screen image to update when my computer is locked? The image is created by a scheduled task when the computer is locked, the user logs off, or when the network status changes.Updating the image on the lock screen does not take effect immediately, but...
  8. Change LockScreen Image when PC is lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Cannot change lockscreen image windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change lockscreen image windows 10: The lock screen cant be changed whatever I do. reboot, or update system or what. my laptop is the new laptop I can't change the lock screen since I bought it FEB 2021 already in a long time. Whatever photo I click, there keeps showing "loading" on the photo even though browse...
  10. Lockscreen Image is not changing

Lockscreen Image is not changing: My lock screen image is not changing anymore. I tried every method searching on internet but none solve it. Windows spotlight image is not changing when i start computer every day....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lockscreenimage windows 10 build 1909 GPO