Windows 10: Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why?

Discus and support Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have watched video and read forums and I still cannot change my pin. In sign up options PIN Windows Hello this option is currently unavailable. Yet I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AudreyFelix1, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why?

I have watched video and read forums and I still cannot change my pin. In sign up options PIN Windows Hello this option is currently unavailable. Yet I have a PIN that is now unchangeable which I use often to login. I also have a message that says 'PIN isn't working for your organiztion's resources...' . However, I am not an organization, I am an individual. When I use the link available to fix it. The subsequent menu request an email address of phone number to sign in. However, it then is not able to find my email address and says that it doesn't exist. So what can I do now?

:)

AudreyFelix1, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 29, 2022
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why?

Setting PIN to default without changing password

Hello,

My computer was previously set to a default PIN but that changed suddenly for no apparent reason (I wasn't fooling around in settings or anything security related). I can't get it to revert back to the PIN being the default choice for login. Other forum
    threads suggest removing that password but that is impossible. If you click change, it REQUIRES you to type in a new password and there is no option to remove or delete the password.

Furthermore, I use that password on my other computer rather than the PIN and don't want to delete it in the first place. So how can I set the PIN back to default?

JaclynJames, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why?

1. Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why? - Similar Threads - Changing device pin

2. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  3. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  4. Windows Hello will not set PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello will not set PIN: I was locked into the endless loop of not being able to start my system because I got the "something happened and your PIN is not available" loop. I did a system restore and I am now able to log in, but the Settings menu will not let me create a PIN in Windows Hello. I am...
  5. Windows Hello will not set PIN

Windows Hello will not set PIN: I was locked into the endless loop of not being able to start my system because I got the "something happened and your PIN is not available" loop. I did a system restore and I am now able to log in, but the Settings menu will not let me create a PIN in Windows Hello. I am...
  6. How to change the pin not from settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the pin not from settings?: Hello,Recently my laptop died battery and will not turn on. I have no access to it. So I'm currently borrowing a laptop that someone has already logged into and made their window hello account and etc. I'm trying to log into excel and I cannot as it asks me to log in using...
  7. How to change the pin not from settings?

How to change the pin not from settings?: Hello,Recently my laptop died battery and will not turn on. I have no access to it. So I'm currently borrowing a laptop that someone has already logged into and made their window hello account and etc. I'm trying to log into excel and I cannot as it asks me to log in using...
  8. Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why?

Changing the device pin from Settings...PIN Hello... - Impossible! Why?: I have watched video and read forums and I still cannot change my pin. In sign up options PIN Windows Hello this option is currently unavailable. Yet I have a PIN that is now unchangeable which I use often to login. I also have a message that says 'PIN isn't working for your...
  9. Organization changing Windows Hello PIN settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Organization changing Windows Hello PIN settings: I have been signing on to my laptop running Windows 10 with a PIN for a year, but after I installed Microsoft Office through my university, it forced me to change my PIN to something overly complex, saying my organization required it. Now when I try to change/re-enable my...
  10. change hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change hello pin: Hello, I have install skype for business for a work meeting but on my home PC. Apparently now I am part of an "organization" and I had to change my hello PIN with more characters originally 4 digit. Now I want to make it back to what it was but I cant. I restored my...