Windows 10: Changing The DVR location

Discus and support Changing The DVR location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, by mistake i changed the game dvr location to a very wrong place. Can anyone tell me how to revert this?[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rebel_sp, Feb 27, 2021.

1. rebel_sp Win User

Changing The DVR location

Hello everyone, by mistake i changed the game dvr location to a very wrong place. Can anyone tell me how to revert this?Changing The DVR location [​IMG]

:)

rebel_sp, Feb 27, 2021

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Dude Win User
    Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10  

Hmm, its being a pita. It seems you need to do more than drag and drop. Look below and see if this helps you

How to change the Captures folder for Windows Game DVR
    In order to change the default location where your game clips and screenshots are saved on Windows 10, use the following steps:

Open File Explorer.
    Click on This PC.
    Browse the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\Videos

Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.

Click the on the Location tab.
    Click the Move button.

Browse to the new location to store your Captures folder.
    On the top-left corner, click the New folder button.
    Name the folder Captures and press Enter.
    Select the newly created folder, and click Select Folder.

Quick Tip: Avoid selecting the root of a drive (for example, EChanging The DVR location :), as you will get an error message trying to restore your default settings in the future. In addition, using the default Game DVR settings, it's also possible to select a network share folder as the new location, if you have a network-attached storage (NAS) or a computer in your local network with more available storage. While this works over a Wi-Fi connection, you'll get better performance using an Ethernet (wired) network connection.
    Click Apply.
    Click Yes to confirm the move.

Click OK.
    Using these instructions, you're only changing and moving the Captures folder, and it's not necessary to relocate the Videos folder and all its content, which you may still want to keep in the same location. Once you complete the steps, Game DVR will automatically continue to save your screenshots and clips in the new location without additional configurations in Settings or in the Xbox app.

You can quickly confirm that Game DVR is using the new location on Settings > Gaming > Game DVR, and then checking the folder path for screenshots and games clips, which now should reflect the new location. Or in the Xbox app, you can go to Settings > Game DVR, and check the location for Saving captures.

4. philc43 Win User

Windows Game DVR Location Change?

Game bar screenshots and recordings are saved to your %UserProfile%\Videos\Captures folder. As this is a system created folder you can right click on it and go to Properties, Location and use the Move tab to select a new location for it. This new location should then be used by Game DVR for future recordings.

philc43, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Changing The DVR location - Similar Threads - Changing DVR location

2. DVR XBOX SAVE LOCATION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVR XBOX SAVE LOCATION: Hi I have a problem with the Xbox Game Bar. I cut and pasted the Capture folder to my HDD and it was working. Then when I wanted to move the folder to another hard drive but now the captures not getting saved on my captures folder. It’s getting saved in temp. How can I fix?...
  3. Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing where Game DVR Captures save to: I have been using the game dvr a lot since I got my new PC, but just recently got an external hard drive and tried to move the Captures folder to it, but ever since it just saves the loose files to the drive itself, not in any folders. In capture settings it just says "Save...
  4. Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior": Hello I dont know why today, my gamebar/DVR recording video with the file size is 10 times larger than before. A video I recorded before was only 50MB in size, now it's 500MB, oh my god @@ I checked and found that the previous video's bitrate was ~ 1.5k, now 19k. I dont...
  5. DVR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVR: my iwatch DVR camera wont connect and displays error cant connect,i don't know what to do .thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvr/ac104892-f260-400a-907a-1d0349188184
  6. DVR IN PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVR IN PC: Why? when I activate the dvr of the computer, and when I record the previous minute when I'm going to watch the video, it loses its image it's not recording well for example in apex, when I record the above, and I see the video, the video is left with the image in white....
  7. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  8. Windows Game DVR Location Change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game DVR Location Change?: Hello, I am currently using the built in Windows Game DVR, and I want to change the default save location. I have read other threads, but they don't help me at all. I do not have an account with Xbox and I don't plan on getting one. Is there anyway I can do this? I would...
  9. Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10....
  10. Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use...