Windows 10: Changing the email account associated with my Windows 8 OEM digital license (since upgraded...

Discus and support Changing the email account associated with my Windows 8 OEM digital license (since upgraded... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just contacted tech support, and I was told that there is absolutely no way I can accomplish this, because according to her, it is in Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by windowsdude21, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Changing the email account associated with my Windows 8 OEM digital license (since upgraded...

Just contacted tech support, and I was told that there is absolutely no way I can accomplish this, because according to her, it is in Microsoft's "terms and conditions".

However, it just does not make sense to me, as I'm not even trying to cheat Microsoft by activating a new copy of Windows. All I want is just to tag the Windows license to a separate email account. Reason being, that email account has been around for a really long time. I would like to treat it as a legacy account, and just leave it for all the old emails from my childhood, but start afresh on a new account.

In the event that the tech support is correct, is there any way that I can at least minimise the times I see my old email account? In other words, just use that account for activating my Windows only. If possible, I don't even want to use that account as an admin account, neither do I want to use it to log in to the computer or anything. Basically, out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks in advance!

:)

windowsdude21, Aug 5, 2019

2. Change email accnt associated with windows license.

I have multiple computers with different windows licenses but have upgraded all of them to windows 10 now. I have an old email address associated with one of them and I want to change that account information for that license so that it uses the same cloud
    account as the two newer ones and I can then eliminate the old email address. How do I do this?

Guy.Turner, Aug 5, 2019
  3. josht2002 Win User
    Windows 10 OEM changed to digital license.

I purchased a windows 10 gaming pc (preinstalled). So the version of windows is OEM. but now, on the activation menu in settings, it states that it's activated with digital license, linked to my Microsoft account. Does this mean I would be able to upgrade
    motherboard without having to purchase another copy of windows? Being able to activate it again as it states it's a digital license?

Thanks, Josh.

josht2002, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Changing the email account associated with my Windows 8 OEM digital license (since upgraded...

Link my digital license to more than one Microsoft account

Hi,

About your queries, kindly see the answers below:

• Digital license key can only be link to one Microsoft account.
    • Logging out your Microsoft account will unlink your digital license key. Once your digital license key is associated with your Microsoft account, you may

reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change
    • Anything that's related to your digital license.

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have any other concerns.

Regile Reb, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Changing the email account associated with my Windows 8 OEM digital license (since upgraded...

1. Changing the email account associated with my Windows 8 OEM digital license (since upgraded... - Similar Threads - Changing email account

2. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  3. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  4. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot verify windows account associated with my digital window license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot verify windows account associated with my digital window license: Hello!In preparation for building a new PC, I setup a fresh windows account using a new @outlook.com address and associated my digital license with it. I did not use this new account for emailing or any other uses, it was solely for associating with my Windows Digital...
  6. Cannot verify windows account associated with my digital window license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot verify windows account associated with my digital window license: Hello!In preparation for building a new PC, I setup a fresh windows account using a new @outlook.com address and associated my digital license with it. I did not use this new account for emailing or any other uses, it was solely for associating with my Windows Digital...
  7. Cannot verify windows account associated with my digital window license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changing the email account that has digital license linked to it

Changing the email account that has digital license linked to it: Hello, I have a windows 10 Pro license that is linked to an email address Hotmail that I don't want to use anymore. I have created a new email address outlook.com but I want to move the digital license to the new email. How can I do this? Thanks...
  9. Windows Digital license - Email change

Windows Digital license - Email change: Many years ago, I made an email which got linked to a digital windows 10 home license. Recently I made a new alias for it and deleted the original because I wanted to change it. I changed the email for accounts and such, but the windows license I have is still under the...
  10. Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it

Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it: Hello, I have a windows 10 license that is linked to an email address (yahoo) that I don't want to use anymore. I have created a new email address (outlook.com) but I want to move the digital license to the new email. How can I do this? I'm doing because I want to...