Windows 10: Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it

Discus and support Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a windows 10 license that is linked to an email address (yahoo) that I don't want to use anymore. I have created a new email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Doina Popov, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it

Hello,

I have a windows 10 license that is linked to an email address (yahoo) that I don't want to use anymore.

I have created a new email address (outlook.com) but I want to move the digital license to the new email.

How can I do this?

I'm doing because I want to clean reinstall windows 10.

Thanks

:)

Doina Popov, Feb 23, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it [​IMG]

MCardona81, Feb 23, 2019
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it

Windows 10: Will digital license of Windows 10 linked to Microsoft account?

Hi,

I realize that you have queries about activating Windows 10 through Microsoft account by linking to digital license. I will certainly help you.

When you use a Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 10, the digital license will be automatically linked to your Microsoft account.

Also I recommend you to refer to the information provided by Andre Da Costa in the link below and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I suggest you to follow the steps for activating Windows 10 after there is any hardware changes

How to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes:
    When you have linked your Windows 10 digital license to your Microsoft account, then you can use the following direction to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes.

Step 1: Click on Start Menu. Then select Settings.

Step 2: Click Update & security.

Step 3: Then click on Activation. If your Windows 10 copy is not activated and you see a link labeled as
    Troubleshoot.

Step 4: After that click on Troubleshoot link to open Windows 10 activation troubleshooter and get your copy of Windows 10 activated after hardware changes.

Step 5: If the troubleshooter fails to activate Windows 10, then you will see a option as
    I changed hardware on this device recently.

Step 6: Click on I changed hardware on this device recently link or option to see a page where you need to enter your Microsoft account email address as well as password.

Step 7: Then try to select your Windows 10 computer from the devices list, check the box labeled as
    This is the device I am using right now and then click on
    Activate
    button to activate your copy of Windows 10.

Please get back to us with an update on queries on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it

1. Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it - Similar Threads - Changing email account

2. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  3. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  4. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer: Hey,I'm planning to buy a new computer,In my current computer I have a Windows 10,In the Activation settings I see there is this message: "Window is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".So my question is, is there an option to transfer my Windows...
  6. Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer: Hey,I'm planning to buy a new computer,In my current computer I have a Windows 10,In the Activation settings I see there is this message: "Window is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".So my question is, is there an option to transfer my Windows...
  7. Change digital license linked to Microsoft account to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  9. Changing the email account that has digital license linked to it

Changing the email account that has digital license linked to it: Hello, I have a windows 10 Pro license that is linked to an email address Hotmail that I don't want to use anymore. I have created a new email address outlook.com but I want to move the digital license to the new email. How can I do this? Thanks...
  10. Windows Digital license - Email change

Windows Digital license - Email change: Many years ago, I made an email which got linked to a digital windows 10 home license. Recently I made a new alias for it and deleted the original because I wanted to change it. I changed the email for accounts and such, but the windows license I have is still under the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate digital license unlinked account