Windows 10: Changing the Email used for resetting the password

Discus and support Changing the Email used for resetting the password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey all, as the title implies, I am wanting to change the email that Microsoft uses to change my password. When I go to manage aliases, the only... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ALDJ253, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ALDJ253 Win User

Changing the Email used for resetting the password

Hey all,

as the title implies, I am wanting to change the email that Microsoft uses to change my password. When I go to manage aliases, the only email I see is the email I prefer. However, when I went to reset my password, one of the options was an older email that I am not longer using. How can I switch this to the email that I prefer?

Thank you

:)

ALDJ253, Oct 10, 2019

2. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I don't know how this guy is managing it but he keeps resetting my password in live.

I had a backup email trough gmail and he changed that too

so then my gmail had a back email to aol and so I reset my gmail then I was able to reset my live.

Next morning he reset my live again! I manged to get it back by using gmail again to reset it which oddly enough he didn't reset my gmail password this time.

I have now since used a an extremmmmmleeey long password generated at random for live to see if that keeps him out.

The scary thing is I have a totally unrelated other gmail account. Guess what I find in the deleted folder of my live account. A reset password email for my STEAM CONFIRMED TOTALLY UNRELATED TO OTHER EMAILS EMAIL ACCOUNT! It was all in dutch too with link (I didn't click on the links though). How did he figure that one out? Thankfully my secure steam gmail account hasn't had its password reseted yet.

How is this guy doing this? My password were strong. I suppose i'll see if he gets in now with this new pass.

Keep in mind this is a fresh reformat and my Firewall from my router is on.

I've done scans anyway and everything is clean.

EDIT: I'd also like to add I had a password reset email from steam in my gmail account. But I did not have my password reset for either my gmail or steam.

AphexDreamer, Oct 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing the Email used for resetting the password - Similar Threads - Changing Email used

2. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  3. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  4. Change email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  5. Change email password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  6. password reset email - is it a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password reset email - is it a scam?: Hi I have received a reset password email apparently from Microsoft. I have logged into to Microsoft NOT through the email link and reset my password. This then generated a new email, attached to the first one, in a thread. However, this account while set up is not in...
  7. Email reset password outlook.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email reset password outlook.com: Hi All I have tried to update my security info. The problem is that the contact information they have is outdated. I have tried to alter the contact point to my mobile number but this didn't work. So they now have no way to send me details of the changes. Does anyone know...
  8. How to change the email address Microsoft uses to reset password and send notifications to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the email address Microsoft uses to reset password and send notifications to: I must have done something wrong because it doesn't appear anybody else on the planet is having this issue. I have had a yahoo email address associated with my Microsoft account since I was beta testing Windows 7. So a few years ago. I created the Microsoft account for that...
  9. change email password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change email password: How can I change the password on my gmail account through windows live mail. I keep getting an error message that the user name and/or password are incorrect but the screen isn't giving me any way to change either of these. I have been using the same password for a long...
  10. Does change Password make the old the email reset too?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does change Password make the old the email reset too?: For the information, I have a problem with my mail on window10. The email cannot receive and send on the mail windows10. So, i decide to change the password on the server. But I worry that if change password then all the old email missing and cannot recover. For information...