Windows 10: Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

Discus and support Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi!I wanted to change the dark mode of File Explorer to light mode without actually changing it for windows. Is there any way to do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Showu10, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Showu10 Win User

Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

Hi!I wanted to change the dark mode of File Explorer to light mode without actually changing it for windows. Is there any way to do that?

:)

Showu10, Jun 30, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows [​IMG]

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

Dark mode in File Explorer

I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you.

Beth Goudreau, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

1. Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows - Similar Threads - Changing File Explorer

2. Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows: Hi!I wanted to change the dark mode of File Explorer to light mode without actually changing it for windows. Is there any way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-file-explorer-from-dark-mode-to-light/e6f2dfbe-722c-4e1c-b749-9a29c514338e
  3. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  4. changing from dark mode to light

changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  5. changing from dark mode to light

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  6. Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?: Hello. Is it possible to have dark mode on your PC but have File Explorer light? I have seen a reddit post about the same topic but it seems outdated. It was posted 2 years ago. Maybe even a non-windows solution would be nice, like a mod or something. Thank You!...
  7. Dark mode in File Explorer

Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  8. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...