Windows 10: Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10

Discus and support Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to continue to use what I believe Microsft called Classic Windows Folder icon for data folders. It's the plain rectangular manila folder with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Heet, Jun 11, 2019.

1. The Heet Win User

Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10

I want to continue to use what I believe Microsft called Classic Windows Folder icon for data folders.

It's the plain rectangular manila folder with the label tab in the upper left- or right-hand corner.

I have had Win 10 64bit for several years and just noticed yesterday that all my data folder icons had changed to one that has rotated 90 deg, with the tab now in the lower right corner.

I scrounged through the 100's of available folder icon choices, but the "Classic Windows" icon was no longer a choice.

How hard could it have been to leave that "old" choice as an option?

CAN I GET BACK THE WINDOWS CLASSIC FOLDER ICON?

IF NOT:

About when was this change made?

Add my name to the many others who have complained about the newest "default" icon and it's other faults.

What benefit did any of the bazillion Windows get from this (unsolicited) change?

or was Microsoft the only beneficiary?

***Original title: I want to continue to use what I believe Microsft called Classic Windows Folder icon for date folders***

:)

The Heet, Jun 11, 2019

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Jun 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing folder icon

2. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Windows Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Folder Icons: I use custom icons for some sub folders on a folder . I want to change the folder name but if i change it every subfolder is going back to default icon folder... Any way to rename it without going back to default icon?...
  5. Windows Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folder Icons: Hi, I am wondering why I see different folder icons in my windows installations. I have windows 10 home installed on my desktop and windows 10 pro installed on a laptop. Both of these are relatively new, with no customization and are up to date. In addition I verified that...
  6. Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons

Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons: Hello! So I just signed up here because I'm desperate and don't know what to do. So basically, I thought the windows 10 default folder icons were pretty bland and ugly so I decided to change them. I read that you could change your default icons by going into to registry...
  7. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...
  8. Changing Folder Icons In Windows 10

Changing Folder Icons In Windows 10: So as many people may agree, the icons in Windows 10 look absolutely hideous. I have found an Icon pack I would like to use & I have successfully changed Icons such as Recycle Bin, My PC, My Network but when it comes to the Documents, Movies, Pictures, Download folders...
  9. Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10 How to Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10 The This PC window in File Explorer includes a Folders group that displays a linked Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder from...
  10. Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder Icon in Windows 10 How to Change Icon of a Folder in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to change the icon of a folder in File Explorer to any icon you like in Windows 10. *note When you change the icon of a folder, the folder will no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. classic folder icon windows