Windows 10: Changing the folder icons present on This PC.

Discus and support Changing the folder icons present on This PC. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the icons of these folder in This PC, I can't change them like the other files by clicking on them.......... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SUPREME- -QWERTY, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Changing the folder icons present on This PC.

How can I change the icons of these folder in This PC, I can't change them like the other files by clicking on them.......

:)

SUPREME- -QWERTY, Aug 13, 2021

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Aug 13, 2021
  4. psbecker Win User

Changing the folder icons present on This PC.

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Changing the folder icons present on This PC.

1. Changing the folder icons present on This PC. - Similar Threads - Changing folder icons

2. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Can't change folder icon.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change folder icon.: In every tutorial it says to change the folder icon I have to go to properties>customize>change icon>browse>ok>ok I do that and then it just doesn't change. Yes, I used a .ioc file. Edit: forgot to mention, it works if I use the default icons. Please help if you know...
  5. Change "New Folder" Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change "New Folder" Icon: Hello, i would like to know if it's possible to change the icon of the default yellow folder on windows 10. I know that after you create a new folder you can go to propreties and change it, but my question is if you can change the default icon to your own icon and be able to...
  6. Can't change folder icon

Can't change folder icon: [ATTACH] This is the problem I'm having. I want to change all these icons but I can't. The box is greyed out and I have no found any forum post of youtube video with this issue. Please help....
  7. How to change the presentation of files in the file/folder browser

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the presentation of files in the file/folder browser: Hi, I could use a little help in taking control of the manner in which the file browser presents the files. I have a C drive and 4 data drives. Each data drive has it's unique structure and should be presented as such. For example: in the most of the music drive I want to...
  8. Changing This PC folder icons.

Changing This PC folder icons.: Everyone is quick to remove the folders there, so instead of doing that this time, I decided to change the icons. [img] I had wrote a reg file to do the merging, but..., and not too surprisingly, those pesky windows Permissions got in the way. So, needless to say...
  9. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...
  10. Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10 How to Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10 The This PC window in File Explorer includes a Folders group that displays a linked Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder from...