Windows 10: Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop

Discus and support Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to change the font setting in Windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion Laptop. I looked around on the Internet and read about what other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by t_visco, Dec 18, 2018.

1. t_visco Win User

Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop

Hello,

I am trying to change the font setting in Windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion Laptop. I looked around on the Internet and read about what other people are doing, but I can't find the appropriate buttons or links in Settings to make this happen. What do you suggest? I have McAffee and Webroot running at the moment.

-t_visco

:)

t_visco, Dec 18, 2018

2. How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2018
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop

dell laptop inspirion 1525

My dell laptop inspirion 1525 wont bootup and I need to find out how many bits it has, is there a way to find out? Don't know if it's 32bits or 64bits, it has windows 10, processor type is: Intel(R) Pentium(R) DualCore, Processor ID: 06FD, it has Dual Core,
    Hard Drive: 500GB HDD

Thanks

PaulaMcClure420, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop

1. Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop - Similar Threads - Changing Font Setting

2. Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion: I have an older Sony HandyCam, and I want to put a couple videos on my computer so I can share them with friends and family. I connected it to my computer via USB, and it opened the Photos app. When I went to import videos from it, the photos app just says "Please update your...
  3. Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion: I have an older Sony HandyCam, and I want to put a couple videos on my computer so I can share them with friends and family. I connected it to my computer via USB, and it opened the Photos app. When I went to import videos from it, the photos app just says "Please update your...
  4. Touchpad not working on DELL-Inspirion 3542

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working on DELL-Inspirion 3542: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, Inspirion 3542, x86 i3-4030 CPUMy touchpad is not working since I updated to windows 10. Previously I was running windows 7 and the touchpad worked fine. But after upgrading my PC to Windows 10 using the windows update tool, now...
  5. Windows 10/Dell Inspirion 14 7000 Screen Rotation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10/Dell Inspirion 14 7000 Screen Rotation: Hi, I just got a new 2-in-1 and have 3 days left to decide if I should return it. When I open the action center, the Rotation lock is greyed out but is also blue. Nothing I've done has seemed to help it. The issue is, whenever I fold my screen all the way back to use it...
  6. Windows 10 100% Disk Usage - Dell Inspirion 5567

Windows 10 100% Disk Usage - Dell Inspirion 5567: Hi, I am using Dell laptop and i have noticed that Disk activity is showing 100% in task manager and slowing down my system every-time . I tried fixing this by doing below :- 1. Sfc /Scannow – No integrity violation 2. chkdsk.exe /f /r – No bad sectors...
  7. change font in windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    change font in windows 10 laptop: Hi - I accidentally changed my font and it's too small for me to read. I can't figure out how to change it back, any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-in-windows-10-laptop/9c249337-0de2-4da4-afce-8981e0f5b944
  8. Dell inspirion 2 in 1

Dell inspirion 2 in 1: So I formatted my laptop and It keeps getting stuck on the startup and keeps resetting and it won't start no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspirion-2-in-1/8834a8e4-57d7-4d34-b5ce-bdf163f641a0
  9. Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10: The user name that appears in my C drive and relates to my primary administrator account has somehow been changed to a a different name. It's been that way for some time but I didn't realize that certain files showing the "the substituted / alien user name" will not...
  10. 100% disk usage on dell inspirion laptop

100% disk usage on dell inspirion laptop: Hi I have inspirion 5459 dell laptop. i see on task manager almost permanently 100% disk usage which makes my laptop very very slow. tried many things including disable search and fetch but nothing helped.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change font on dell laptop

2. change font on dell laptop

3. how to adjust font on dell insperation win 10

4. how do i set a font on my laptop dell inspirion,
  5. changing font on dell laptop,
  6. set font default on Dell laptop