Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB

Discus and support Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am adding files to a master USB Flashdrive. I want to embed new icons into these files. (Not a properties change) I will clone/copy the master onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kkorotev, Jul 27, 2018.

1. kkorotev Win User

I am adding files to a master USB Flashdrive. I want to embed new icons into these files. (Not a properties change)
    I will clone/copy the master onto hundreds of flashdrives and the icons should be identical (or my instructions, "Look for X icon..." will not work). The answer has to be ON THE DRIVE, independent of the owner's PC.
    Make sense?
    Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Live OR Die Win User

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Jul 27, 2018
  3. douglatins Win User

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Live OR Die Win User

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB - Similar Threads - Changing Icon folders

2. My laptop freezes and taskbar icons refreshing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freezes and taskbar icons refreshing randomly: I bought my laptop 2 months ago and this issue started couple of days ago. My laptop have a ssd driver. Most of the time I use my laptop for searching on the internet. When I try to open a new tab or open the task manager it freezes and sometimes the icons at taskbar...
  3. Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives: [img] Why can't I copy the 5.7GB ISO file to either of these three USB Flash Drives? Please see attachment. Thanks. 116077
  4. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  5. Windows can't be installed on this drive. Using USB Media Tool. (*Note: HDD is not detected...

Windows can't be installed on this drive. Using USB Media Tool. (*Note: HDD is not detected...: Hi, This is the first time I encounter this problem. In ASUS Utility BIOS - EZ Mode, the storage/hdd is not detected from any Serial ATA Port, but Flashdrives are detected from USB Port. So I tried to use windows 10 USB installation media. I Successfully booted from a...
  6. Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Have used this page to use the download tool and chosen option 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True Tried and aborted 3 times because of snails pace...
  7. Folder being renamed constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder being renamed constantly: I keep having this message: 'Now you have two copies of 2 folders"... "It was not possible to merge the changes... " and so one folder has the name changed constantly by question of a few seconds....
  8. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  9. Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app for several months, and it was working fine. Within the last couple weeks, suddenly my folders no longer sync correctly...except the inbox does. I have Reset the app, Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, Updated the...
  10. windows update changed desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update changed desktop icons: Update changed the desktop icon sizes and arrangement, how can I return them to previous views? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-update-changed-desktop-icons/777e250b-b3c5-4903-b316-f7efd57f3303