Windows 10: Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.

Discus and support Changing the location in which new apps are saved to. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new ssd which now has windows 10, i am using the xbox game pass app to try and download games however when i am sent to the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomC 66, Jun 21, 2021.

1. TomC 66 Win User

Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.

I recently got a new ssd which now has windows 10, i am using the xbox game pass app to try and download games however when i am sent to the windows settings to change where the new apps are saved to, i.e. from my C: ssd to E: hdd it wont allow me to set it as my default save location and presents the error code 0x80070005. This may be because the windows store is detecting that i have apps installed on that drive from a different windows installation. How do i fix this without getting rid of all my games on my hdd, if it is the only option i will.

:)

TomC 66, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

how to save new apps by changing default location?

Hello,

In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from Windows Store are automatically installed in the Windows Apps Folder. However, if you want your apps to be installed on another drive you can follow the steps bellow:

• Click on Start > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    • Go to the Save Locations section,
    • Click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive.

Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. For the ones that were already installed in your system, you can move them manually to the new location by:

• Go to Start > Settings > System >
      App & features.
    • Launch a search by typing the name of the desired app into the Type an app name field. Once found, select the app from the list and click on the
      Move button.
    • Select the destination drive and click Move.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Unable to change install location of apps for the store.

Hi Janson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about changing the downloaded files location, we will help you with this issue.

Steps to change location for downloaded files:

• Press Windows key form the keyboard, type Settings
      and select Settings.
    • Click on System, click on Storage from the left pane, choose appropriate location in
      New apps will save to under Save locations.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10  

UPDATE:

Changing the save location for where new apps from Store will install to works again in build 10576.

Brink, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Changing the location in which new apps are saved to. - Similar Threads - Changing location apps

2. I can't change the location new apps are saved to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change the location new apps are saved to: When I try to change the location to my hard drive, it says that there are apps from another device on it and that they have to be deleted. I click yes to delete them, but then it just says that it couldnt change the default location and gives me the error code 0x80070005. I...
  3. cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in: hello, I've seen those questions on the forum but there aren't any answers, and google doesn't help whenever I try to change the drive it keeps giving me the error 0x80070005. I bought Forza Horizon 4 on ms store but I can't download it on any drive except C. can anyone help...
  4. Can't change app save location

Can't change app save location: Hello, I recently needed to reinstall my Windows 10. I used to have my applications saved on my D: drive instead of C: Since I have reinstalled Windows I can't change it back to D: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I've heard it doesn't work because I still have my old apps in that,...
  5. Changing Save Location Of Apps

Changing Save Location Of Apps: I tried to change the save location of apps so that I could install fallout 76 through the Xbox app on my computer, however it gave me the error code "0x80070002" and said that the operation could not complete successfully. P.S I do have a steamlibrary folder in the...
  6. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  7. Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved")

Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved"): Hi all, So aside from Microsoft's support sucking and their support bot being as useless as a calculator for an chinese kid, I got the Xbox (Beta) app for PC for the Game Pass, I want to install games but for some dumb reason, you can't have your own custom...
  8. Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App.: Hi, I'm trying to change the location where the games are being installed on the Xbox (Beta) App. The app will take me to the settings screen and when I attempt to change it to my D: drive I receive the following error message. [ATTACH] I can't seem to find a way to fix...
  9. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  10. Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10: How to: Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10 How to Change Location where New Apps will Install and Save to in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can select where new Windows apps from the Store will install and save data to by default instead of on the default...