Windows 10: Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings

Discus and support Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, each time I try to change my lock screen or my account settings, it keeps saying: *Some setting are hidden or managed by your organization even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by B.M_USER, Jul 1, 2020.

1. B.M_USER Win User

Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings

Hello, each time I try to change my lock screen or my account settings, it keeps saying:

*Some setting are hidden or managed by your organization even though it is my personal laptop

:)

B.M_USER, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 1, 2020
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings

Lock Screen Randomly Changes

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to go to the lock screen settings and disable the automatic lock screen change and check if the issue persist.

To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings

1. Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings - Similar Threads - Changing lock screen

2. CHANGE SCREEN LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGE SCREEN LOCK: CHANGE DEVICE LOCK SCREEN PASSCODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-lock/6a97922a-3c31-43d4-a6b1-dd86dc1296dd
  3. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  4. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  5. Lock screen not changing

6. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  7. A Way to Change Pc Name That Appears in Lock Screen And Settings>Account

A Way to Change Pc Name That Appears in Lock Screen And Settings>Account: Hi There, According to the Below Image That's I Attached it I have a problem with changing my pc name. now please guide me how can I do it? [ATTACH]...
  8. Changing a lock screen setting via CLI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing a lock screen setting via CLI: In Windows 10, I can access the lock screen settings (in Settings under Personalization) and one of the settings that may be viewed or changed is Background, which on my computer at least has three dropdown options, Windows spotlight, Picture, or Slideshow. Is there a way to...
  9. The "lock screen" settings change automacally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The "lock screen" settings change automacally: Recently, I found my lock screen settings changed into "Pictures"it used to be "Windows Spotlight". I've tried to set it again but after minutes when I lock my PC it shows some pictures instead of Windows Spotlight". Please help me change the settings back to "Windows...
  10. Lock Screen Changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lock Screen Changes: My screen saver keeps changing to my husband's screen saver and our computers are not synced. I'm not sure why this continues to happen but is there a solution? MV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-changes/ec89d74e-9162-44d3-90a3-d10b8701e829