Windows 10: Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

Discus and support Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iMahesh, Jul 11, 2019.

1. iMahesh Win User

Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

Hi,

Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went Microsoft account page using web browser and changed my password. But funny thing is it didn't change my login password for my computer even though I am using same Microsoft account for log-in to my computer. Its been almost 10 minutes and I am still able to use the old Microsoft account password. This is so unusual and its a huge security flaw if you ask me.

Now, I tried to change the password using settings page Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password? [​IMG]

Well it didn't work. I am unable to change to my new password using my settings page using the password the I am able to log-in to the computer which is my old password. And I can not use my new password to log-in to my computer and I can not use my old password to change the password. I know its confusing but it made me crazy this morning.

I gotta go and disable my RD-Client access until the new password effective. Thank you guys hope someone can fix this issue.(Wondering are we really in 21st century??‍♀️‍♂️)

Well my question is

:)

iMahesh, Jul 11, 2019

2. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 11, 2019
  4. warc1 Win User

Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I change the PC passwords?

I tried doing it through Settings/Accounts/Manage My Microsoft Account/ on my desktop but that forced me to change my Hotmail password again. Now my desktop and Hotmail password are synced, but the laptop and Surface still use the old Hotmail password.

warc1, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password? - Similar Threads - Changing microsoft account

2. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  3. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  4. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.: My mom wants to change her password on her old windows computer, suddenly, when she tries through account> sign-in options> change password it just redirects her to her microsoft account, where she has to type her current password, and what the new password should be. I know...
  6. Windows password doesn't change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows password doesn't change: So I changed my Win10 password: Settings>Accounts>Sign-In options>Password>Change. It still takes my old password when logging into Windows though (and the new one doesn't work). Does anyone know what I have done wrong? submitted by /u/S4NKT3G [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password

Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password: I accidentally changed my Microsoft account password when I changed my lock screen password on the computer. I did not know that the password used to unlock the computer lock screen was the password used on the Microsoft account. Even though I have no intention of changing my...
  8. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  9. Changing Password for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password for Microsoft account: I want to change my Microsoft account password and have been given a code to do so. However, when I go to sign in options in settings, I am repeatedly told something went wrong and to try again later. Later never comes, of course 74117
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...