Windows 10: Changing the name my email comes addressed to

Discus and support Changing the name my email comes addressed to in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi everyone, How do I change the name that is used to address me in my emails from Microsoft 360?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by C.Gage, Jul 1, 2019.

1. C.Gage Win User

Changing the name my email comes addressed to

Hi everyone,

How do I change the name that is used to address me in my emails from Microsoft 360?

:)

C.Gage, Jul 1, 2019

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 1, 2019
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Changing the name my email comes addressed to :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing the name my email comes addressed to - Similar Threads - Changing name email

2. Email address change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email address change: Hello, My 10 year old son somehow switched my email address to a different address? He was using for gaming and thought it was okay given he knew my password. How do I change it back? Please as I'm really starting to panic....
  3. change my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change my email address: my listed email is now disabled and I have a new email address, how do I update it as I cant receive to my old address. my new email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Change my email address

Change my email address: I have an email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that I no longer use. My current email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How do I delete the hotmail email address and keep my gmail address on this computer....
  5. email address and name on XBOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    email address and name on XBOX: I would like my son's name and email address to be associated with the XBOX device and would like to remove my name and email address. I am the administrator and my email address is the primary one....
  6. Changing Account Name After Email address change

Changing Account Name After Email address change: Hello: I changed my email address from a .kr one to an outlook one, though they're still the same address -- just with different email boxes appended. I now can't change my name on my computer. It works online I followed the directions!, but not on the system. Would...
  7. how to change the name and email address on the account

how to change the name and email address on the account: how do I change the name and email on my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-and-email-address-on-the/18a94223-eedb-464c-b040-a8bbdd969b76
  8. Microsoft Account Name - email address change

Microsoft Account Name - email address change: I have my account using an OLD email address, how do I change it to new address from another provider? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-name-email-address-change/a6d986bc-adb6-4d78-a05e-7e61c8b2b7db
  9. email address change

email address change: When I tried to download pdf viewer, the wrong email address came up. I need to change it. Help me change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-change/f65362f1-72c6-49e2-b2e9-e8fdd871c150"
  10. Random email addresses come in "To:"

Random email addresses come in "To:": When I compose an email in Windows 10 Mail I get random email addresses coming up in the "To:" box. Some of them seem to be alternative email addresses of people I have emailed. For example I emailed a business and now when I type the business email address I also get the...