Windows 10: Changing the name of the printer

Discus and support Changing the name of the printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How could I change the name to the printers in windows 10? This will help me not to get confused since I have several printers connected and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatriciaMartin7, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Changing the name of the printer

How could I change the name to the printers in windows 10? This will help me not to get confused since I have several printers connected and sometimes I do not know which one I need. Thanks in advance.

:)

PatriciaMartin7, Apr 24, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Default Printer changing to Printer that's first in the "Port Name" List

Hi All,

I have an issue where the default printer keeps changing to the Printer that's Port Name is first in the "Port Name" List in ascending order, whenever I RDP into it.

Some Note:

• The default printer changes on the remote PC (The PC I RDP into).
    • All OS's involved are Windows 10 Pro x64.
    • I unchecked the "Printers" checkbox on the saved .RDP file.
    • I have turned the "Let Windows manage my default printer" option on and then printed from the correct default printer but then when I RDP into it from home it changes to the Printer that's Port Name is first in the "Port Name" List in ascending order.
    I cant rename the Port Name without re-adding the printers which I really don't want to have to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

duncanwarrender, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Swut Win User

Changing the name of the printer

Win10 - how to change printer displayed name?

Key item:

In step 2, right click on the printer you want to rename, then choose "PRINTER PROPERTIES" RATHER THAN "PROPERTIES".

For some reason, "Printer - right click - Properties" only displays the properties while "Printer - right click - Printer Properties" allows the user to change some properties, such as the name.

(Yes, these are different options with similar names when you right click on your "printer". It took me multiple tries before I figured out that there were two and that they were different.)

Thema:

Changing the name of the printer

1. Changing the name of the printer - Similar Threads - Changing name printer

2. does computers change printer name if I change it on printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    does computers change printer name if I change it on printer: I recently got project to change printer names company wide. If I change the name on printer, does it affect anything on devices? If not is there any way to push it to devices who have installed it?Thank you,...
  3. does computers change printer name if I change it on printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does computers change printer name if I change it on printer: I recently got project to change printer names company wide. If I change the name on printer, does it affect anything on devices? If not is there any way to push it to devices who have installed it?Thank you,...
  4. does computers change printer name if I change it on printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [PRINTER] The printer's name is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [PRINTER] The printer's name is wrong: HelloI have two printers on the network which are not on a server, you add them in printer and scannerThey have almost the same name but it's the model number and users often confuse them, so I have changed the name directly on the printer's configuration pageWhen they are...
  6. Can I change the name of my printer,

Can I change the name of my printer,: I have two of the same with different inks and keep getting confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-name-of-my-printer/e1e84a1d-c09e-4c14-9a76-b27b318442ea
  7. Changing printer name in Windows 10

Changing printer name in Windows 10: In advertently my printer got named as my wife's computer, which causes untold confusion! How can I change the name of this printer as used by Windows 10?...
  8. Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.: I want to change the workgroup name of my laptop by the tab for changing network if appears grey. I tried doing certain things changing driver settings and all but to no avail. Also I installed a new printer driver through DVD and it's only running when connected through wire...
  9. Change network printer name in Windows 10

Change network printer name in Windows 10: In our company we have a network printer which has an ethernet connection and a web based interface for configuration. If I have installed drivers for this printer on two computers, A and B, and on the computer B I change the printer name via Control Panel -> Devices and...
  10. Printer Naming

Printer Naming: How do I change the names of the printers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-naming/06320b82-a0ca-4353-9e54-6e9c834760a3