Windows 10: Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else

Discus and support Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the taskbar in Windows 10, an app icon glows orange when the app has sent a notification. How could I change it to a different color - so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by luarasaur, Jun 20, 2020.

1. luarasaur Win User

Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else

In the taskbar in Windows 10, an app icon glows orange when the app has sent a notification.

How could I change it to a different color - so it would turn blue, say, when there's been a notification?

Or if that isn't possible, get it to not change color at all?

:)

luarasaur, Jun 20, 2020

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Changing notification colors in taskbar

Usually in Windows 10, whenever an app gives a notification the taskbar automatically opens and the app icon blinks orange. However, since I mostly use a blue and dark theme, that blinking orange icon just looks ugly in comparison to the rest of the screen.

Is there any way to change this (in the registry, maybe)?

Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else 96183794-c21d-4ea3-b7b9-c9e813b201ff?upload=true.png

Any way to make that orange thing around the second app blue?

ResExsention, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else - Similar Threads - Changing notification color

2. How to change windows taskbar notification color to orange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows taskbar notification color to orange?: Ever since I upgraded to windows 11, The notification doesn't turn to a visible 'orange' color when an open tab is trying to notify me. Any fixes around this? The orange color is barely bright enough to see....
  3. How to change windows taskbar notification color to orange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows taskbar notification color to orange?: Ever since I upgraded to windows 11, The notification doesn't turn to a visible 'orange' color when an open tab is trying to notify me. Any fixes around this? The orange color is barely bright enough to see....
  4. Taskbar Orange App Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Orange App Notification: In the update to Windows 11, the orange app notification from Windows 10 showed in image was changed to be more subtle and easier on the eye, but I preferred it being more obvious. I find that the subtleness doesn't alert my attention quick enough, so if possible I'd like to...
  5. Taskbar Orange App Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Orange App Notification: In the update to Windows 11, the orange app notification from Windows 10 showed in image was changed to be more subtle and easier on the eye, but I preferred it being more obvious. I find that the subtleness doesn't alert my attention quick enough, so if possible I'd like to...
  6. Change The Color Windows OS Icons In The Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Color Windows OS Icons In The Taskbar: Does anybody know how to change the color of the windows icons e.g. start button, wifi button, volume, etc. in the taskbar? I'm using a transparent taskbar and the color of the icon makes it hard to see the icons with my desktop background. Does anyone know any...
  7. Is there a way to change the icon folder to something else? The "change icon" option isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the icon folder to something else? The "change icon" option isn't...: I want to change one of the icon folder to another icon but when I right click into properties under Customize I only see the option to change Folder pictures not Change icon. This would be for a work laptop. submitted by /u/Surfer949 [link] [comments]...
  8. How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else?

How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else?: I have some windows store icons on my task bar for quick use, and ALL of the color of the icons are black, I can't see them at all. I am not changing my theme to suite the lack of customization, that would not be a fix but an unacceptable compromise, what I would like to...
  9. Changing notification colors in taskbar

Changing notification colors in taskbar: Usually in Windows 10, whenever an app gives a notification the taskbar automatically opens and the app icon blinks orange. However, since I mostly use a blue and dark theme, that blinking orange icon just looks ugly in comparison to the rest of the screen. Is there any way...
  10. windows 10 orange icons in taskbar

windows 10 orange icons in taskbar: how do you get rid of the orage light, not just flashing, but in total, i NEVER want my icon to turn orange in the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-orange-icons-in-taskbar/22f5ea2d-226d-421f-ae3c-26eb36d9e0c0