Windows 10: changing the ownership of a laptop

Discus and support changing the ownership of a laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a laptop from my dad with his passwords and his Microsoft account, I want to change it to mine. how can I do that? and here,re the device info:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yara alwakiel, Sep 29, 2018.

1. changing the ownership of a laptop

I got a laptop from my dad with his passwords and his Microsoft account, I want to change it to mine. how can I do that?

and here,re the device info:

Edition
    Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage
    Version
    OS Build
    Serial No.
    CND4256F40
    Processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz
    Graphics card
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    System
    OSType64BitX64
    RAM
    4 GB

:)

yara alwakiel, Sep 29, 2018
  2. DayBarth Win User

change ownership of HP Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Can anyone help me change ownership on an HP, Windows 10 laptop? I just bought it and cannot get rid of the original owners setup information. The laptop still registers as being owned by the previous person.

thanks,

DB

DayBarth, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Changed Ownership of C:\ and Can't Fix

Hi Greg,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Which account is the new owner of the C drive?
    • Are you using an account with administrator rights?
    • Have you tried changing the ownership back to yourself?

In the meantime, let's try taking back the ownership by following the steps provided by
    BurrWalnut in the following thread:
    Is there a way to take ownership of my C drive?

You may also perform a repair upgrade using a
    Creators Update ISO
    file. This method can repair broken operating system files while preserving your files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the wiki article created
    by Andre Da Costa on the following link:
    How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 29, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

changing the ownership of a laptop

n-ster, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

changing the ownership of a laptop

1. changing the ownership of a laptop - Similar Threads - changing ownership laptop

2. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  3. new ownership of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new ownership of laptop: Does the procedure provided by Helen Sexton apply equally to a Windows 11 machine? The answer was given for a Windows 10 machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ownership-of-laptop/7e005e85-1464-4034-8771-3461dfa62923
  4. new ownership of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new ownership of laptop: Does the procedure provided by Helen Sexton apply equally to a Windows 11 machine? The answer was given for a Windows 10 machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ownership-of-laptop/7e005e85-1464-4034-8771-3461dfa62923
  5. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  6. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  7. Changing PC ownership

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  9. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521
  10. Change laptop ownership within family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change laptop ownership within family: I recently bought a new laptop for my wife. Our older one was set up under her Microsoft account and both of us were using it under her account/name. We recently got a new one and I want to remove her account and set it up under my Microsoft account without deleting any of...