Windows 10: CHANGING the pin on the lockscreen without hitting "forgot pin"

Discus and support CHANGING the pin on the lockscreen without hitting "forgot pin" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i NEED to change my pin on the lock screen on my PC. i dont want to do a "forgot pin" as it states ill have trouble signing into apps/programs. there... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by b91158, Jul 8, 2020.

1. b91158 Win User

CHANGING the pin on the lockscreen without hitting "forgot pin"

i NEED to change my pin on the lock screen on my PC. i dont want to do a "forgot pin" as it states ill have trouble signing into apps/programs. there has GOT to be a way to do this! i dont have a "change pin" on my account/sign in options.

is the "Windows Hello PIN" the same as the pin i use to unlock the computer? and if so, on the sign in options it states "this option is currently unavailable- click to learn more"

please!!! someone help me!

:)

b91158, Jul 8, 2020

2. Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

I forgot what build # it was but it was created before the offical relase of Windows 10 (When it was in development)

Christian Edwards, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

Hi Christian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When was the Pin created?

Are you able to sign in with your Pin? If you are unable to I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion from Jessen P replied on April 25, 2015 and check if that helps.

Unable to sign in with my PIN in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 8, 2020
  4. CHANGING the pin on the lockscreen without hitting "forgot pin"

Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

Hi Christian,

Thank you for all the information.

Please follow these steps to repair the PIN and check if that helps.

To repair your PIN & picture password:

Open File Explorer and browse to this location:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

1. Delete everything within that folder.

2. Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.

3. Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.

4. PIN sign in should work going forward.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to

us. We will be happy to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

CHANGING the pin on the lockscreen without hitting "forgot pin"

1. CHANGING the pin on the lockscreen without hitting "forgot pin" - Similar Threads - CHANGING pin lockscreen

2. Forgot PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  3. Forgot PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  4. Forgot Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  5. Forgot Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  6. Forgot Pin

7. forgot pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  8. forgot pin

forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  9. Lockscreen and pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen and pin: Hello my windows 10 pc brand new had it a month and i set up a pin and was working fine tell tonight it changed my language to danish or i dont even know what language it was . But it asked me to send me a code to my email and i did and went back asked me for a new pin...
  10. Lockscreen PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen PIN: How do I change my lockscreen pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-pin/d9b9eac0-fb11-480b-a3de-b8b93253c458