Windows 10: Changing the Pin # when logging into my Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Changing the Pin # when logging into my Windows 10 computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I change the 4 digit pin number that I use to log into my computer? Thank you, James Bell... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JamesBell_701, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Changing the Pin # when logging into my Windows 10 computer

How do I change the 4 digit pin number that I use to log into my computer?

Thank you, James Bell

:)

JamesBell_701, Dec 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Changing the Pin # when logging into my Windows 10 computer

pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Changing the Pin # when logging into my Windows 10 computer

1. Changing the Pin # when logging into my Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Changing Pin logging

2. When I try to log in computer prompts me to change pin. When I click to change pin I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log in computer prompts me to change pin. When I click to change pin I am...: When I try to log into my PC, I am told that I have to change my pin. When I click to change it, I am alerted that the user profile is not found on a blue screen. I tried different things that I could find online but it did not seem to work. If anyone can please help, I would...
  3. When I try to log in computer prompts me to change pin. When I click to change pin I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log in computer prompts me to change pin. When I click to change pin I am...: When I try to log into my PC, I am told that I have to change my pin. When I click to change it, I am alerted that the user profile is not found on a blue screen. I tried different things that I could find online but it did not seem to work. If anyone can please help, I would...
  4. When I try to log in computer prompts me to change pin. When I click to change pin I am...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. PIN not available when logging into Windows

PIN not available when logging into Windows: Hi,From this morning I can't login anymore into my Windows account because I receive an error of "A problem is verified and your PIN is not available. Click here to configure your PIN." But then nothing happens.In addition I receive an error from explorer.exe about a buffer...
  6. Can't update Pin to log into my computer

Can't update Pin to log into my computer: When I went to log into my office computer today I was greeted by a message that said to change my PIN. When I went to change it, it wanted me to verify with and email or phone number. The problem is I no longer have access to either that phone number or email anymore. I...
  7. Can't update Pin to log into my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't update Pin to log into my computer: When I went to log into my office computer today I was greeted by a message that said to change my PIN. When I went to change it, it wanted me to verify with and email or phone number. The problem is I no longer have access to either that phone number or email anymore. I...
  8. Can't update Pin to log into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  10. Changing pin for Microsoft account and or log in to computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing pin for Microsoft account and or log in to computer: When I got my laptop it allowed me to set a lock on my opening screen with a PIN number. Now I want to change my PIN to unlock the screen and I can find no way to do it. It is the same as when I log into my Microsoft account online. I use Windows 10 on an HP computer....