Windows 10: Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to switch my Microsoft account on my laptop, to connect it with the one i actually use. I also cannot access the account that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PuffinLovegood, May 26, 2019.

1. Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop

I have been trying to switch my Microsoft account on my laptop, to connect it with the one i actually use. I also cannot access the account that is logged in because i don't have the same email address anymore, or phone numbers. please help!

:)

PuffinLovegood, May 26, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop :(

Zakin, May 26, 2019
  3. How to change primary user account on windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer to the following discussion and check if it helps.

Change primary account windows 8

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop

95Viper, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop

1. Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Changing primary user

2. Change the primary login account on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the primary login account on a new laptop: I am running Windows 11 on a new laptop. I have logged in with a Microsoft Account which has an old email address and I am unable to change my my primary email address. Hence I want to purchase Microsoft 365 family subscription but cant be happy that I will be able to do this...
  3. Change the primary login account on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the primary login account on a new laptop: I am running Windows 11 on a new laptop. I have logged in with a Microsoft Account which has an old email address and I am unable to change my my primary email address. Hence I want to purchase Microsoft 365 family subscription but cant be happy that I will be able to do this...
  4. Changing my primary Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing my primary Microsoft account: I am currently trying to change the Microsoft account I use for this computer e.g. signing in, making purchases in the Microsoft Store, etc.. It was set up with an email I never use when it was first purchased, and I am planning to delete this one and link my primary email to...
  5. Changing my primary Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing my primary Microsoft account: I am currently trying to change the Microsoft account I use for this computer e.g. signing in, making purchases in the Microsoft Store, etc.. It was set up with an email I never use when it was first purchased, and I am planning to delete this one and link my primary email to...
  6. Changing primary accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing primary accounts: Hi,my father gave me the laptop I'm currently using as a gift several years ago, I never got around to swapping main accounts as i could just log in as my email, steam, and so on as myself with no issue. However recently I've been trying to add apps to my device via the...
  7. Changing primary user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing primary user: I want to delete my current Microsoft account (privacy issues) but it is currently being used as the primary user on my desktop. How do I go about removing this account and adding a new one while not losing any of my settings/data? submitted by /u/freshiii_ [link]...
  8. Changing the primary windows account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the primary windows account: Hello, I would like to use a different Microsoft account to use on my computer while the new account has the same data as the old one. submitted by /u/xXharryeizardXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhl7fa/changing_the_primary_windows_account/
  9. Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10: My wife purchased a new laptop and when first setting it up entered my Hotmail address. Now everything on her computer links to my accounts. We created a primary alias account for her Gmail address but stuff still is linking to my Hotmail address. How do we totally...
  10. Changing my Primary Microsoft account on Windows 10 laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account on Windows 10 laptop: I have recently created a new Microsoft Account under a new email address and wish to change it to the primary Microsoft Account used for my Windows 10 PC. A previous user asked this question, and you told her to do that she would have to first delete her current primary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change primary user windows 10

2. how to change primary user on windows 10

3. I want to change the primary account on my windows install