Windows 10: Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm confused as any time I try to record games, the resolution is completely broken. I can't find out how to fix this issue and, to go into detail,I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by poemdude, Apr 29, 2021.

1. poemdude Win User

Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar

I'm confused as any time I try to record games, the resolution is completely broken. I can't find out how to fix this issue and, to go into detail,I can see the screen in the left corner but below and to the right of it is just black boxes. I only recently discovered this issue when I got a new monitor, so I'm thinking it's something to do with that. Would appreciate if I could get some help, thanks.

:)

poemdude, Apr 29, 2021

2. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Thanks for the reply!

I am unable to follow those steps. As I mentioned, there is no "Captures" folder. It points directly to the temp folder, and there is no Captures folder for me to edit. When I go into the properties on the temp folder, I have no "location" tab, so nothing can be changed.
    Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar [​IMG]

JakeReindl, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar

Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

Hello,

I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have
    tried this on two different video game titles. In one game it works, but does not work on the other game. Anyone else have this issue or knows how to resolve it? Thank you for your time.

- Ryan

theeRYANator, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar

1. Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Changing resolution screen

2. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  3. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  4. Gaming Xbox game bar, captures and game mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Xbox game bar, captures and game mode: Hello I have purchased windows 11 recently and I have having problems. How do you uninstall Xbox game bar, captures and Game mode?In the middle of game when I am pressing lots of keys at same time this gaming app pops out and start doing stupid things which cause me loss lots...
  5. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  6. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  7. Xbox game bar capture does not capture games in fullscreen (audio is captured, but screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar capture does not capture games in fullscreen (audio is captured, but screen...: So I used to play this one game in windowed mode and my clips would record fine (not sure if it makes a difference, but i use the short cut Win+G to clip) But ever since i switched to playing fullscreen my captures are just full black with no video, but there is audio from...
  8. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  9. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  10. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game bar screenshot quality

2. xbox game bar resolution