Windows 10: changing the size of icons displayed on screen

Discus and support changing the size of icons displayed on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my icons have changed size and I wish to make them smaller again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by richardcowley, Mar 15, 2019.

1. changing the size of icons displayed on screen

my icons have changed size and I wish to make them smaller again

:)

richardcowley, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 15, 2019
  3. trailseek Win User
    How to change icon size displayed on screen ?

How to change size of ICONS displayed on screen of WIN 10 Home edition ???

trailseek, Mar 15, 2019
  4. changing the size of icons displayed on screen

How to change icon size displayed on screen ?

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

You can try the following procedures below explain how to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10:

Change Desktop icon size in Windows 10

1. While on your Desktop, right-click on the empty space

2. From the right-click menu click on View

3. From the sub-menu, choose from Large, Small or Medium icons

Change icon size from the file view in Windows 10

When you’re browsing around your files, here’s how you can change file icon size:

1. Open the File explorer window

2. Click on the View tab

3. Choose between Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large icons from the presented options

Change the size of all Windows 10 icons using Display Settings

1. While on your Desktop, right-click on the empty space

2. From the right-click menu click on Display Settings

3. From the Display Settings window, click on the drop-down list named Change the size of text, apps, and other items

4. You can choose the size in the form of % size options

5. Click on Apply to save your changes

The changes in the icon and font size will show up once you log-in again

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

changing the size of icons displayed on screen

1. changing the size of icons displayed on screen - Similar Threads - changing size icons

2. Screen display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display size: I have Windows 10 on myPC. Everything was working fine until I stupidly set the display to 500 percent and now I cant get it back to normal size. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard I can see Settings but dont know where to go from there. Any ideas?...
  3. changing the display size

changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  4. How to change icon size displayed on screen ?

How to change icon size displayed on screen ?: How to change size of ICONS displayed on screen of WIN 10 Home edition ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-displayed-on-screen/9e0b56a0-168d-4150-b5a3-e69b15624c8e
  5. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  6. size of icons on my computer display screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    size of icons on my computer display screen: how to make them smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/size-of-icons-on-my-computer-display-screen/30ae5c4b-42bf-43c4-b6b0-7c0213fa3f50
  7. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  8. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  9. Changing display size

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing display size: I have a PC running the latest (17th February, 2018) Windows 10. It uses my TV set as a monitor. The display is slightly too large for the screen area so I can't see the edges. In the past, it has been possible to make small adjustments to the Windows 10 display so that the...
  10. How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen: As shown in the Picture below, How to I make the icons for the tiles on the start screen the same size as the tile itself? As you can see the Risen 3 icon is the full side of the medium square wher as the rest of the games the icon is smaller and centered. Is it also possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. size of icons displayed