Windows 10: Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

Discus and support Changing the size of the Scroll Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to change the default size of the horizontal scroll bar in Windows 10? 10783 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveWeaver48, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

Does anyone know how to change the default size of the horizontal scroll bar in Windows 10?

:)

SteveWeaver48, Jul 30, 2015
  2. n9nu Win User

Changing the window border/top bar size - the top most part with the windows resize icons

Hi

I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the size of the windows bar at the top of any explorer folder (e.g. My Computer). I have my colored via a 3rd party app but I cannot find a way to reduce the size (thickness) of this area. I'm referring to top bar
    that has the windows re-sizing/closing icons on it. I would like to make it much thinner if possible.....either with a registry mod (Windows Metrics?) or another 3rd party app.

I have not tried changing anything via the registry at this point and would like to get someones opinion on it first.

Tnx

Tim

3. ByronX Win User
    Changing the window border/top bar size - the top most part with the windows resize icons

Windows 10 is disaster. What were you guys thinking? The UI is horrible. It is obvious that a requirement exists to allow the user to change the windows border size. Windows 95 had this ability.

ByronX, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. It is both the horizontal and vertical scroll bars at the bottom and far right of the screen in Microsoft Edge.

6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    It works. But be careful, get it too wide and things get weird. Too narrow and you'll never find it!

f14tomcat, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

I tried your suggestion, rebooted, and it worked for some applications but not Edge which seems strange.

9. Orerockon Win User
    Works for me to get rid of the monstrous font in Excel 2010 sheet tabs. If you're interested the (more or less) exact widths in Win 7 were ScrollHeight -150 and ScrollWidth -150.Also used Winareo Tweaker to get rid of the giant title bars. I think MS assumes we have infinite screen real estate.

Orerockon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

1. Changing the size of the Scroll Bar - Similar Threads - Changing size Scroll

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar: I have lost my scroll bar. Tried restart but that didn't help.How do I get back the scroll bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar/79826604-0692-46e1-9d6a-7c3cffbaee72
  3. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scroll bars: Hello. Ive been having trouble with my scroll bars automatically scrolling to the end of any window. First it was the up and down. I noticed multiple drivers for my mouse. I uninstalled and it seemed to fix the problem. Two days later the left right scroll bar had the same...
  4. scroll bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    scroll bar: does anybody know how to chage the scroll bar colour in windows 10 submitted by /u/rexyboy1h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrff66/scroll_bar/
  5. scroll bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  6. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  7. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...
  8. Search bar size change

in Cortana
    Search bar size change: Just updated to 1903 version of windows from a 1709 or 1703 ( i don't remember which). And I am not really a fan of the size change of the search bar. Is there any way to reduce its size? Previous build size (which i liked): [ATTACH] Current build size (not a fan):...
  9. Scroll Bar

Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...
  10. Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 In Windows 10, it is possible for you to change the scroll bar width to be thinner or thicker, and change the scroll bar button size to be smaller or larger. This...