Windows 10: Changing the SSD on my computer,will my win10 license stay?

Discus and support Changing the SSD on my computer,will my win10 license stay? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Hp prebuilt pc called "HP 8200 ELITE SFF" My previous HDD where my OS was installed,got corrupted. So all I'm doing is switching the storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HaiderRafsan, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Changing the SSD on my computer,will my win10 license stay?

I have a Hp prebuilt pc called "HP 8200 ELITE SFF"

My previous HDD where my OS was installed,got corrupted. So all I'm doing is switching the storage device to a SSD,and also getting a new graphics card.

When I install windows on my new storage device,will it still use the same license key as before?

:)

HaiderRafsan, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Sep 18, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 18, 2020
  4. D2Beetle Win User

Changing the SSD on my computer,will my win10 license stay?

Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

S-and-S,

Yes, they are Win10 and for each new build I do, I purchase a new license; no transfers and no hardware changes either. When I build a computer, that computer is listed under "My Devices", which represents a license; how do I get that computer off of my
    device list? Because it is no longer my computer.

D2Beetle, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Changing the SSD on my computer,will my win10 license stay?

1. Changing the SSD on my computer,will my win10 license stay? - Similar Threads - Changing SSD computer

2. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10: Hello Team, I'm planning to replace/upgrade my SSD into 1TB. So I was thinking to re-use my product key after changing and re-install my OS on new SSD. I understand that I'll need to de-activate the current OS before I re-activate with the same key on the new SSD. However,...
  3. Will my Windows 11 home edition license stay active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my Windows 11 home edition license stay active?: I have a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home edition pre-installed. After booting it for first time the antivirus I installed showed a Rootkit virusdllhost.exe in the system. I found that the only way to get rid of it, is to perform clean installation. I'm planning to use...
  4. SSD crashing my computer

SSD crashing my computer: Hello, can someone help me understand why after installing a SSD on my computer, it is crashing? Here is the model: MX500 2TB SSD 3D TLC NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive...
  5. Stay off my computer

Stay off my computer: I have spent the past 2 weeks starting over and reinstalling windows from your 1903 update that basically caused my laptop to be unusable. I originally had every setting imaginable disabled followed your steps to disable updates yet still Microsoft Windows had to be pushy and...
  6. upgraded my computer to win10

upgraded my computer to win10: upgraded my computer to win10 now it so lags it sucks wont load drivers for 5 min. after a restart so slow hardware 32gig ram and 1t harddrive, amd processor of 4600hz why is this loading so slow?...
  7. Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD

Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  8. My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

My computer refuses to stay on during the update.: Once my computer had gotten stuck during and update, so I was stuck watching it spend 30 minutes removing any progress it made, before it turned on. The second time it installed for close to 40-50 minutes, before turning off on it's own and then spending another 30 minutes...
  9. My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer: I have a printer connected to the wireless network at home and my computer refuses to stay connected to it. It insists that the printer is offline, however it works on everyone else's pc's and on my iDevices. Strangely enough, if I hit print and reboot the pc it works. Is...
  10. WIFI will not stay connected on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI will not stay connected on my computer: How to fix the problem is listed below. Go to Network and Sharing Center select Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your wireless connection (the name of the wireless connection) - select Properties - select Configure. Click on the Power Management tab - deselect "Allow...