Windows 10: Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly

Discus and support Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I am using the windows mail app since it seems to be the most reliable way to connect a bunch of different mailing accounts with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ssalbertini, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly

Hello everybody,

I am using the windows mail app since it seems to be the most reliable way to connect a bunch of different mailing accounts with special server settings to one client. So far so good, but unfortunately the app does not let me choose the sync settings to my liking.

I want to download all the emails from all my different accounts, but this is only possible with my gmail account. One of the other two accounts I am using only shows the options up to "Download emails from the last month", for the last account it only lets me choose "Download emails from the last 3 days". I don't think these are "special rules" the email provider put in place because stuff like this worked nicely in outlook or thunderbird. Does anyone have an idea how this could be solved? Obviously I tried deleting the account, restarting and re-connecting the account, unfortunately to no prevail.

Both account that show these problems are connected as exchange accounts.

Thanks a lot for any help!

best wishes

Simon

:)

ssalbertini, Mar 25, 2020

2. Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 25, 2020
  3. WIndows 10 Mail application not working properly and sync issues.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in mail app settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "but cant switch that account in the app (the original account is listed as an outlook account", what exactly are you referring to?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sync settings related issues in Mail app and check if it helps.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Please get back to us with an update on issue with syncing emails on Mail app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 25, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly

1. Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly - Similar Threads - Changing sync option

2. Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail: Windows 10 Mail is not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail. Certain sites are not displaying properly i.e. they just show all the technical background text. Most sites do display properly. This occurs on both of my laptops one the Pro edition the other the home edition. In order...
  3. Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail: Windows 10 Mail is not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail. Certain sites are not displaying properly i.e. they just show all the technical background text. Most sites do display properly. This occurs on both of my laptops one the Pro edition the other the home edition. In order...
  4. Mail app not working properly.

Mail app not working properly.: After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't stay open and would shut down soon after I opened it. Now it will open and will download my e-mails and I can see the list of...
  5. Mail app doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't work properly: When I go to outlook in the Mail app embedded into windows, first it doesn't load the emails, but I can't go to other either... After I click off, it doesn't work, and even when I go to outlook then back to my primary gmail, it still doesn't work properly! WHAT IS GOING ON...
  6. Mails will not get synced properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mails will not get synced properly: Hi, my mails from yahoo and other providers will not get synced properly. I was waiting for some confirmation emails and they just keep sitting in my inbox on yahoo and not getting downloaded by the windows app, even when I click refresh. It seems to download some mails at...
  7. "Move to folder" option of Mail App doesn't sync in Gmail website

"Move to folder" option of Mail App doesn't sync in Gmail website: I'm using the Mail App and I have Gmail and outlook emails in it. In the Gmail website i have created Labels/folders and they have successfully loaded in the Mail App. The problem is when using the Mail App. When I move an email to any label/folder it doesn't sync into the...
  8. MS Mail app sync option does not work anymore.

MS Mail app sync option does not work anymore.: The option under my account for syncing called 'as items arrive' stopped working about a month ago. It might have started with a Windows 1809 cumulative update although I am not positive on this. I have tried every method in order to get this function working again. I...
  9. Mail App not syncing properly

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not syncing properly: Hi guys I'm having a weird issue here with the Mail app on my PC. I got a message a week ago in the mail app that my outlook account was updated and now supports "Focused" inbox. Since then I no longer get notifications of new mail arriving and it appears its not checking...
  10. Mail app not working properly

Mail app not working properly: Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app stopped checking for mail. I have to manually sync it for mail to come. I've tried uninstalls/reinstalls, resets,...