Windows 10: Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

Discus and support Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In all versions of Windows prior to the latest Windows 10 version 1809, it was possible to make text and other items larger or smaller and instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by graham2014, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

In all versions of Windows prior to the latest Windows 10 version 1809, it was possible to make text and other items larger or smaller and instead of changing the size of everything on the desktop, it was also possible to only change the format and text size of specific items e.g. Title Bar, Menus, Message Boxes, Palette titles, Icons and Tooltips.

However, having installed the latest Windows 10 version 1809 completely afresh on my PC, I note that it is no longer possible to set the format of the text to bold (I prefer the text to be in bold as my eyesight is not that good) ) and there is a limit to what extent the text size can be increased. Did Microsoft slip up somewhere or am I missing something?

I would welcome views and comments in this regard. Thanks.

:)

graham2014, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Issues with Text Size adjustments in Windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please follow the steps below to change the size of the texts and text size of the desktop icons and see if it helps:

• Type Make Text and other items larger or smaller in the Search Bar.

• Select Make Text and other items larger or smaller.

• Under Change size of items select Set a Custom scaling level
      option and try to change the size of the text.

• You can also change the size of text for specific item in
      change text size only option.

• After selecting the Size press Apply
      which will ask you to log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 18, 2018
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

windows 10 settings-how to change advanced sizing of text and other items

Thank you for your suggestion but this did not help. It seems an option for 'Advanced sizing of text and other items' does not work. The item to 'Change only the Text size' is grayed out. Any ideas?

nancy3243, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

1. Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop - Similar Threads - Changing text size

2. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  3. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  4. how to change text size

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  5. change text format by default

in Windows 10 Support
    change text format by default: Hi Guys, I have W10 and I use MS WORKS as my word processor and I want to default font to my choice. Can anyone tell me how to do this please. 121226
  6. Desktop Item View Size

Desktop Item View Size: On my desktop I only have one shortcut: Recycle Bin. The thing is, this shortcut size is set to extra-large. I don't see a way to decrease the size when I right click it. How can I change the size?...
  7. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  8. "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before

in Windows 10 Support
    "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before: Hey I've recently buildt a new pc and seem to have encountered a problem with the size of text and windows in general. On my old pc i was able to have the setting at 100%, all my friends also have this at 100%. But on this pc windows and all the apps are alot smaller than on...
  9. changing Windows Explorer text size

in Windows 10 Support
    changing Windows Explorer text size: Hi, I have a new 43'' screen. I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when set to 125% and higher. How can I only change the size of Windows Explorer text ? Thanks, Patrick 104473
  10. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...