Windows 10: Changing the transparency color in start menu?

Discus and support Changing the transparency color in start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/szqk, Oct 19, 2020.

1. /u/szqk Win User

Changing the transparency color in start menu?

Changing the transparency color in start menu? ENtvAyA5wK77I54rPrK2vD_MIBsaUAqoaLMUYARuCJw.jpg

In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:

https://preview.redd.it/f8y4iunje2u...bp&s=02ee488edf9ae932e74139c7870134077bd73f90

Is there any way to edit the registry or something? This is just lifeless & depressing.

submitted by /u/szqk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/szqk, Oct 19, 2020
  2. mnc76 Win User

Start Menu Not Transparent

I have the exact issue. And YES, I have ensured that 'transparency effects' is ON in Colors settings menu.

The task bar looks fine, its just the start menu that is no longer transparent.

mnc76, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Start menu transparency

i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons.

What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent for the start menu area. If I can't make the background area completely transparent can I at least adjust the transparency of the background area at all. Plus I really like the icon background areas as well but the colors on some icons are incorrect is there a way to fix that as well. The color is fine but I need to change the ones that are incorrect. Plus can I change the transparency of the icons area in the start area also. Just curious.

Dawn121988, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing the transparency color in start menu? - Similar Threads - Changing transparency color

2. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  3. Changing the start menu transparency and color. Fluent Design.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the start menu transparency and color. Fluent Design.: You can apparently do this. https://reddit.com/link/ni6xue/video/cu910bs6ik071/player submitted by /u/Ok_Lingonberry_5859 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ni6xue/changing_the_start_menu_transparency_and_color/
  4. Change start menu from transparent?

Change start menu from transparent?: I want to make the start menu full screen is on in settings go from transparent can see desktop wallpaper to not transparent can not see desktop wallpaper if possible....but everywhere I have looked online says to go to Settings>Personalization>Colors and Toggle the button...
  5. Changing the transparency of the start menu

Changing the transparency of the start menu: I have a problem with the full screen start menu. When I first updated Windows, the menu became darker, after the second update it became even darker and more gray in color. I tried to change using the standard settings, but it only changes the color theme from dark to white,...
  6. Changing the transparency color of the start menu?

Changing the transparency color of the start menu?: In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme like this https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/after-regedit.png , but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but...
  7. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  8. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: Hello, I didn't use this OS for a long and after coming back I've noticed that the start menu isn't transparent anymore? The taskbar is (and it's blurry somewhy), but the start menu is dark gray. I think it was like this after the white theme update, not sure... Is there a...
  9. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  10. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...