Windows 10: changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

Discus and support changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oli-03, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Oli-03 Win User

changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for individual apps and it warks but the overall volume doesn't seem to do anything.

:)

Oli-03, Apr 24, 2023

2. Change the name of a Volume

To change the name of a volume on your computer, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Finder and go to the "Devices" section on the left-hand side of the window.
    2. Find the volume that you want to rename and right-click on it.
    3. Select "Get Info" from the drop-down menu.
    4. In the Info window that appears, you should see a field labeled "Name". Click on this field to select it, and then type in the new name that you want to give the volume.
    5. Press Enter to save the new name.
    The volume's name should now be updated, and you should see the new name displayed in Finder and any other applications that interact with the volume. Note that changing the volume's name will not affect the data stored on the volume, but it may affect the behavior of some applications that rely on the volume's name for certain operations.

* Change to a discussion and moved from Community Center.

Samuel David1, Apr 24, 2023
  3. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

A fix for Fn key control for volume would be tied to ASUS function. I suggest you google "fn key not working on ASUS (Model)" and see if other similar ASUS models have had same problem.

I have ASUS K-55A laptop and my Fn keys for volume work fine on Windows 10 Home. Vertical level appears on left side of laptop screen.

Jmarco0921, Apr 24, 2023
  4. JoeMiyao Win User

Sound muted if changes volume while playing

Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.

My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.

My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.

Here are what I tried and found.

1. Use built-in player in windows 10 to play a video, volume is set to 30 at the beginning. Pause the video and change volume to 80, then resume playing. Everything works fine.
    2. Again, play a video with volume set to 30 at first, this time increase volume while video is still playing, sound is muted as soon as I click the volume bar.
    3. After step 2, sound is still muted even I decrease volume back to 30.
    4. Volume bar is always available during the test, and there is no error notification.
    5. I thought it was a driver issue so I re-installed sound card driver with latest official one.
    I can’t try a system restore since it is the laptop for work.

JoeMiyao, Apr 24, 2023
Thema:

1. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume - Similar Threads - changing volume laptop

2. Volume keys changing volume but no affect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume keys changing volume but no affect: Hello, my cat layed on my keyboard and ever since my volume buttons don't work right. Pressing volume up or down changes the volume bar visually, but has no affect on the actual volume. If i want to change the volume i have to open the sound mixer and click/drag the volume...
  3. Volume keys changing volume but no affect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume keys changing volume but no affect: Hello, my cat layed on my keyboard and ever since my volume buttons don't work right. Pressing volume up or down changes the volume bar visually, but has no affect on the actual volume. If i want to change the volume i have to open the sound mixer and click/drag the volume...
  4. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  5. Windows changing volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changing volume?: Ever since yesterday, whenever I launch a gamedoesn't matter from steam or not, Windows pop up and increases my volume to 70. Even though I change it back to 20, when I alt-tab back to the game, it automatically changes back to 70. I tried googling and also tried all the...
  6. Volume mixer not actually changing volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume mixer not actually changing volume: Hey! A few days ago, I got a PCIe network adapter to connect my Bluetooth headphones to my PC. However, the only way to adjust the volume when using my Bluetooth headphones is with my headphones' built-in sound controls. The windows 10 volume mixer is doing nothing. I like to...
  7. Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Earbud volume buttons not changing volume: I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change being reflected. If I change the audio via my keyboard or slider on my laptop, then I can hear the audio change in my...
  8. Volume mixer changes the volume automatically?

Volume mixer changes the volume automatically?: Hello everybody! Here's my problem: For example, when I open a dagger, I have to notice at almost every startup that the volume has been set to almost 0. I must now manually raise it again, this also works until the next start. The same is also with Opera, Discord and Co....
  9. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  10. volume change

volume change: Apparently overnite an update occured and the volume on my laptop for notifications, on/off and in general is SIGNIFICANTLY louder and from what I understand it can not be controled by volume keys. What can be done to reduce the volume ? This is painful !!...