Windows 10: changing the Windows 10 license

Discus and support changing the Windows 10 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have a computer with Win 10 Pro activated. I would like to switch to the "Home" edition. I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home at the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TatianaSh, Aug 8, 2020.

1. TatianaSh Win User

changing the Windows 10 license

Hello!

I have a computer with Win 10 Pro activated. I would like to switch to the "Home" edition. I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home at the Microsoft store.

When I try to change a product key, I get an error 0xc004f050.

How do I fix it? Thank you.

:)

TatianaSh, Aug 8, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Aug 8, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. changing the Windows 10 license - Similar Threads - changing license

2. how to change windows license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to change windows license: I previously had a Windows license that was already linked to the Microsoft account but after I added ssd to my laptop my Windows license changed to be connected to the organization activation service. How do I change my license back to the one that links to Microsoft...
  3. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d
  4. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d
  5. Change Language on Single Language License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Language on Single Language License: I was wondering if there was a way i could go about changing the language on my Windows single language? I bought it in Japan, i know a fair bit of Japanese but still having an English license would be convenient...I bought a cheap pro upgrade license key online on G2A and it...
  6. Change Language on Single Language License

Change Language on Single Language License: I was wondering if there was a way i could go about changing the language on my Windows single language? I bought it in Japan, i know a fair bit of Japanese but still having an English license would be convenient...I bought a cheap pro upgrade license key online on G2A and it...
  7. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  8. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  9. Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?: My Lenovo laptop is Windows 11 Home China version. I want to change the display language recently. However, It’s single-language Windows, I can’t change the language. And I want to change the license but I affraid that if I do something wrong then I will lose the oem key....
  10. Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?

Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?: My Lenovo laptop is Windows 11 Home China version. I want to change the display language recently. However, It’s single-language Windows, I can’t change the language. And I want to change the license but I affraid that if I do something wrong then I will lose the oem key....