Windows 10: changing time clock update

Discus and support changing time clock update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just as the title states where can I find in the registry the keys to edit to change how often and what server(s) the automatic time update updates my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 30, 2015.

1. changing time clock update

Just as the title states where can I find in the registry the keys to edit to change how often and what server(s) the automatic time update updates my computers clock? I cant seem to recall where to find that. I thought i remembered where it was but when i searched the registry for it I did not find it. Thanks.

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 30, 2015

2. clock time change

rasinc wrote:

I checked on my device if any updates were needed and it said no. Where do I get it and how do I install it?

What device are you running?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 30, 2015
  3. monalz Win User
    clock time change

Apparently other people have the same problems, and no answers are out there. I guess I'll have to try to find some live person at either Microsoft or AT&T (my service). Will post if I find out anything.

monalz, Jun 30, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

changing time clock update

Your clock should be synced to your PC and not a server.

changing time clock update [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jun 30, 2015
  5. I realize that bunny; but; there must be a way to change what server(s) the clock syncs to and how often; isnt there? I know there was a way to do that in previous versions of windows like 7 and so forth; but where in the registry can you find it in this one?

Matt Siegel, Jun 30, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I have no idea but generally the time on your OS is from the time on your motherboard clock and that doesn't come from a server.

This might help:
    Sync the clock on Windows 7 to the time server more frequently - Super User

BunnyJ, Jun 30, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    To change the server, go to Control Panel, then click on Date And Time, then click on Internet Time, from there you can change the server it syncs with. This doesn't change how often though, but you can tell it to sync immediately.

There is a scheduled task for time synchronization, but it doesn't look like the OS us using it.

Mystere, Jun 30, 2015
  8. cbwilsha Win User

See these instructions for changing the registry for internet time poll frequency.

Instructions from Vista days but still same even in Win 10.

cbwilsha, Jun 30, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    thanks for the post..

BunnyJ, Jun 30, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    I'm synced to time.windows.com

changing time clock update [​IMG]

Winuser, Jun 30, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    On Windows 10, it's:

On Windows 8.1 there are more:

I believe the @= identifies the current server used.

I exported the key from 8.1 and imported into 10 and now have the same time servers available. Just changed mine to time-a.nist.gov.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2015
  12. Thanks everyone! issue solved!

Matt Siegel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. changing time clock update - Similar Threads - changing clock update

2. Clock/Time Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock/Time Issues: My time on my computer is 3 hours behind and it causes issues. I've manually changed the time 3 hours ahead to balance it out, but it didn't solve the issue. For example, it's 7 o clock right now, discord would say 4 o clock. but on brave browser, it has the time I have on my...
  3. Clock/Time Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock/Time Issues: My time on my computer is 3 hours behind and it causes issues. I've manually changed the time 3 hours ahead to balance it out, but it didn't solve the issue. For example, it's 7 o clock right now, discord would say 4 o clock. but on brave browser, it has the time I have on my...
  4. Clock Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Time: My clock shows the wrong time. It is not syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/316cdda5-83a8-467f-b931-cfff8c524123
  5. Clock keeps changing time multiple times a day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock keeps changing time multiple times a day.: Over the weekend our clocks went forward an hour... and in spite of me having the time set up correctly to auto adjust, is in the right time zone and so forth... It refused to change. This continued into Monday and if I manually set it tot he correct time... it refused to...
  6. change time display from 12 hr clock to 24 hr clock?

change time display from 12 hr clock to 24 hr clock?: I am retired military and more appreciate the 24 hr format for time than 12 hr.. I am unable to find a toggle to do that??? So that leave with a question..where is the time display format at..Many thx in advance....
  7. clock time

clock time: My Asus windows 10 tablet will not keep time .I have to reset the time every time I boot up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/cd5b8dd3-0543-4c4c-99db-e4aad8f1027e
  8. time clock ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    time clock ..: the time on my pc is always wrong .. so I go to settings make sure zone is correct for uk . then change time settings set to correct time ok .. wen I click set to auto it goes to wrong time again .....
  9. Clock Changes to Random Times

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock Changes to Random Times: Hello, My computer's clock has been randomly changing itself for about two months now, and it seems to be happening a lot more often than it was before. At first, I thought it would just blow over, but it never went away. This can happen when I'm watching a video online,...
  10. Update Changed Clock Text to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Changed Clock Text to Black: My puter updated itself & came back with a black clock on a black taskbar *sarc [img] I have looked everywhere for a solution, but nothing works. *cry Anyone know how to fix it? Thank you please! 64842