Windows 10: CHANGING TIME FORMAT WINDOWS 10

Discus and support CHANGING TIME FORMAT WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just received a "new" HP laptop. Apparently? it was built in 2016. I cannot change the 24 hour clock format to 12 hour clock. I followed all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RedaHanes, Dec 28, 2018.

1. RedaHanes Win User

CHANGING TIME FORMAT WINDOWS 10

I just received a "new" HP laptop. Apparently? it was built in 2016. I cannot change the 24 hour clock format to 12 hour clock. I followed all the instructions. The thing is when you go to the short and long clock format, there are no options for changing it to anything else. This should have been a simple thing, never had an issue changing time format on 12 + laptops I have had. What to do Microsoft?

:)

RedaHanes, Dec 28, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Dec 28, 2018
  3. change of time format in windows 10

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Open the Control Panel and, in Clock, language and region, click Change date, time or number formats.

In the Formats tab, in Date and time formats, follow these steps:

To change to the 24-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select hh: mm and, in the Long-time drop-down list, select HH: mm: ss.

To change to the 12-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select h: mm: tt and, in the Long time drop-down list, select h: mm: ss: tt.

Click Apply, and then OK.

regards

MiguelChiappori, Dec 28, 2018
  4. CHANGING TIME FORMAT WINDOWS 10

Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

CHANGING TIME FORMAT WINDOWS 10

1. CHANGING TIME FORMAT WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - CHANGING FORMAT

2. PowerToys changes format to HEIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys changes format to HEIC: - Installed PowerToys to Windows 11.- Took photos that were transferred from iPhone to Windows 11 and resized them.- Photos has a HEIC format but opened fine on Laptop.- Checked PowerToys settings, and Image Resizer settings but couldn't find anything to suggest that they...
  3. PowerToys changes format to HEIC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerToys changes format to HEIC: - Installed PowerToys to Windows 11.- Took photos that were transferred from iPhone to Windows 11 and resized them.- Photos has a HEIC format but opened fine on Laptop.- Checked PowerToys settings, and Image Resizer settings but couldn't find anything to suggest that they...
  4. Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.: I have a Sony STR-DH790 receiver plugged into a Geforce 4000 series GPU with HDMI. When the receiver changes format like when starting or exiting a game, or loading up Windows, Windows will freeze up for about 10 seconds. During that time I can see the receiver display...
  5. Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.

Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.: I have a Sony STR-DH790 receiver plugged into a Geforce 4000 series GPU with HDMI. When the receiver changes format like when starting or exiting a game, or loading up Windows, Windows will freeze up for about 10 seconds. During that time I can see the receiver display...
  6. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...
  7. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...
  8. Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type: Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type - Have worked many hours on this doc. Is there any possible way to recuperate the content?Thank you....
  9. Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type: Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type - Have worked many hours on this doc. Is there any possible way to recuperate the content?Thank you....
  10. Hello, i have renamed an excel sheet , the format has changed to a "File" type