Windows 10: Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out

Discus and support Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since XP, I've been able to change my folder view then click on Apply to All Folders. This seems buggy in Windows 10 [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chiques8675309, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out

Since XP, I've been able to change my folder view then click on Apply to All Folders. This seems buggy in Windows 10

Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out 0abc8dd1-b2f0-4f5e-a72d-3c33525ccbd2?upload=true.png

:)

chiques8675309, Feb 20, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Feb 20, 2020
  3. TomStrong Win User
    Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out

Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out

1. Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out - Similar Threads - Changing List View

2. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apply View Format to all Sub-folders: I'm trying to set all of the sub-folders that roll up to a particular folder have Details as their View format. This used to be easy to do, just go into View-Options, but now it seems like you can only cascade by file type, which is... less than useful.Is there a way I can...
  3. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply View Format to all Sub-folders: I'm trying to set all of the sub-folders that roll up to a particular folder have Details as their View format. This used to be easy to do, just go into View-Options, but now it seems like you can only cascade by file type, which is... less than useful.Is there a way I can...
  4. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders: So it was my understanding that when you go into view options, and click "Apply to Folders" that it only applies to folders of a that type. For me, it seems to be a blanket setting. Am i misunderstanding how its supposed to function? I go into my videos folder and set...
  6. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  7. apply list view to only all subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    apply list view to only all subfolders: How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually. 36806
  8. Apply to all folders greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply to all folders greyed out: Windows 10 pro installed and i am a little confused why the Apply to all folders is greyed out in the File Explorer options. for instance before in windows 7 pro i would maximize the Computer window and set it to details view then go to the Global Apply to all folders voila...
  9. Cannot apply changes to folder view options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot apply changes to folder view options: Hi Have been using windows 10 for a few months and the other day had this update from windows that changed all my preferred settings, especially my preferred view type for my mp3 music folders and I cannot select apply changes in view in folder options, it's just gray not...
  10. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...