Windows 10: Changing units in task manager

Discus and support Changing units in task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) By default the units in the memory usage of various apps in task manager show up in kilobytes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Aug 21, 2021.

1. archz2 Win User

Changing units in task manager

I'm using Windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) By default the units in the memory usage of various apps in task manager show up in kilobytes. Is there any way to change them in megabytes?

:)

archz2, Aug 21, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Aug 21, 2021
  4. Changing units in task manager

Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

Changing units in task manager

1. Changing units in task manager - Similar Threads - Changing units task

2. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  3. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  4. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing Speed Units in Task Manager for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Speed Units in Task Manager for Windows 11: Pretty self explanatory, what is the steps to change the displayed speed units of megabits per second to megabytes per second in task manager? Or Windows in general for that matter...
  6. Changing Speed Units in Task Manager for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Speed Units in Task Manager for Windows 11: Pretty self explanatory, what is the steps to change the displayed speed units of megabits per second to megabytes per second in task manager? Or Windows in general for that matter...
  7. task manager keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager keeps changing: task manager keeps changing from showing graphs on all performance processes cpu mem disk etc to having to select each process in order to see one individual graph. I prefer the first one. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Task Manager Icon Doesn't Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Icon Doesn't Change: [ATTACH] When I open Resource Hacker, and navigate to Taskmgr.exe, there is no Icon setting. There is only manifest and MUI, which seems to be it, but resource hacker can't view or edit these kinds of files. Is there a way to change it's icon. Also, is there a way to...
  9. Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?: My understanding is that bps is bits per second, and Bps is bytes per sec. bps should be 8 times Bps. I'm measuring wifi speed and something looks off. I think they have the units wrong. I think they are reporting in Bps and labeling the graph in bps. So whats a pretty good...
  10. Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?: My understanding is that bps is bits per second, and Bps is bytes per sec. bps should be 8 times Bps. I'm measuring wifi speed and something looks off. I think they have the units wrong. I think they are reporting in Bps and labeling the graph in bps. So whats a pretty good...