Windows 10: Changing user account password win 10

Discus and support Changing user account password win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tom Jones 977, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Changing user account password win 10

I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one in HomeUsers Group and one in HomeUsers; Users Group. Regardless which one I select the Reset Password option is greyed out and the following is displayed " You cannot change the password for xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

:)

Tom Jones 977, Mar 17, 2019

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Changing user account password win 10

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Changing user account password win 10

1. Changing user account password win 10 - Similar Threads - Changing user account

2. User Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password: On my laptop I have my Microsoft Account and in there it has my other devices, namely my desktop which I got after my laptop. For some reason my desktop will not open new programs anymore without asking for a password. I have my password for my microsoft account, but that...
  3. Prompt local user account to change their default password?

Prompt local user account to change their default password?: Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so it's just a local account.Is there a way that I can force it to prompt the user to change their local password when they first...
  4. Win 10 user account control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 user account control: Only user account control option is NO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-user-account-control/c098bade-5902-4fc3-aaa7-a6aa4faace51
  5. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts: What are the Win 10 preloaded user accounts? I used to have Administrator, Public, and our local accounts. Recently that changed. Public was dropped and Default Account, defaultuser, Guest, and WDAGUtilityAccount took its place. Was this from an update?...
  6. Change win 10 user name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change win 10 user name: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danny1801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ur6g/change_win_10_user_name/
  7. user account password

user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....
  8. Win 10 change of user

Win 10 change of user: I am unable to change my user account to administrator or to log on as administrator, all I get is access denied can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-change-of-user/eb3ba5d9-42e1-4db8-a7dc-8b2e2e6e00aa
  9. Windows 10 user account password

Windows 10 user account password: I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account that I use, this is the administrator on the PC so I wanted to change it. When I did this I was asked for the old password but...
  10. User password for win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User password for win 10: How do I retrieve my user password? I can't get in. Please help 89646