Windows 10: Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN

Discus and support Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While outside of the office and connected to the corporate VPN, I can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to change my password without issue. This appears to store a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SecJedi, Aug 9, 2022.

1. SecJedi Win User

Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN

While outside of the office and connected to the corporate VPN, I can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to change my password without issue. This appears to store a hash of my password on my laptop and I can later log into the laptop with the new password without first connecting to the VPN. Below is a small snippet from the command "dsregcmd /status"AzureAdJoined : YESEnterpriseJoined : NODomainJoined : YESGiven the above "AzureAdJoined" being "YES". Should a user, who is not connected to our corporate VPN be able to use "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to reset their password and have the hash written to the laptop? This use

:)

SecJedi, Aug 9, 2022

2. Windows 10 user changes their AD domain password, and that breaks VPN settings

A customer using the built-in VPN, configured to SSTP version, using Windows 10 is affected by a repeatable issue.

Every time the user changes their domain password, and like many organizations they are required to change their password frequently, the VPN settings for their SSTP connection to the corporate network is changed to use invalid settings.

I can't imagine why a user changing their domain password (while obviously logged on with that account) has their VPN connection changed, but since it is very repeatable and part of standard process to re-setup the VPN connection's settings.

After a user changes their domain password, if they examine their VPN connection's settings, the Security tab has a radio button (by definition, one of the two choices must be made) that shows NO selection being made on that screen. Normally, the user must
    select the "Allow these protocols" option as opposed to the "Use Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)" selection. This choice is required for their configuration to work, but it is "reset" to a screen showing that neither selection has been made -- an
    invalid selection for the user to make, but it is reset when they change their password.

I'd love to know if this new feature, which appears to be part of Windows 10 version 1703 is fixed in version 1709 or a subsequent patch/update.

Thanks

Mark Russell FCSG, Aug 9, 2022
  3. sam2admin Win User
    Password expiry outside of domain

Due to the current situation around the world my whole company is required to work from home. I have been informed that several users passwords are due to expire in the next few days.

If the user isn't connected to the domain then will their password actually expire? And if so then is there a way to reset it without been on the domain?

We have tried to reset the password but it won't allow it while outside of the domain.

sam2admin, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Kanolm Win User

Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN

Computer dont cache new credential and user cant connect out of domain network

Hello,

We have a problem with users credentials.

We have some remote users.

When one of them change his credential on the domain network (office or factory) and shutdown his computer he cant open his session out of the domain network.

New password and old password dont work and the message: "We Can’t Sign You With This Credential Because Your Domain Isn’t Available" appear.

If he reboot his computer inside the domain network it will work in his house.

He can change his credential through VPN but when he reboot his computer new and old passwords dont work.

We have try some actions found on internet:

- Delete protected user group (dont exist)

- Remove computer from domain (dont work)

- Try another user (same issue)

- Change GPO Interactive logon: Number of previous logons to cache (dont work)

- Delete computer profile (data and register) (same issue)

- Repair Windows (same issue)

Thank you for your help

Kanolm, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN - Similar Threads - Changing user domain

2. Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN: While outside of the office and connected to the corporate VPN, I can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to change my password without issue. This appears to store a hash of my password on my laptop and I can later log into the laptop with the new password without first connecting to the VPN....
  3. Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing user domain password from computer outside of Corporate network without VPN: While outside of the office and connected to the corporate VPN, I can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to change my password without issue. This appears to store a hash of my password on my laptop and I can later log into the laptop with the new password without first connecting to the VPN....
  4. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  5. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  6. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change VPN password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change VPN password: The saved password for my VPN is wrong. How do I change it? The Help articles here advise changing the settings using the Advanced Options and clicking Edit.But there is no Edit option, only Clear sign-in info:I can see the password is wrong too few characters but I'm...
  8. Change VPN password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change VPN password: The saved password for my VPN is wrong. How do I change it? The Help articles here advise changing the settings using the Advanced Options and clicking Edit.But there is no Edit option, only Clear sign-in info:I can see the password is wrong too few characters but I'm...
  9. Change VPN password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Password expiry outside of domain

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password expiry outside of domain: Due to the current situation around the world my whole company is required to work from home. I have been informed that several users passwords are due to expire in the next few days. If the user isn't connected to the domain then will their password actually expire? And if...