Windows 10: Changing User Email Login on My PC

Discus and support Changing User Email Login on My PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there! I have recently updated my PC and was prompted to login using a Microsoft email. Since I already had one my business email address I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Money&TaxAccountant, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Changing User Email Login on My PC

Hi there! I have recently updated my PC and was prompted to login using a Microsoft email. Since I already had one my business email address I naturally went for that, however was refused on the basis that it was already in use, and that I had to use another email address in order to continue setting up my new PC. This I did as I had no other choice, however, now that my PC is up and running I would like to be able to turn my computer on and see my business email address ID appearing on screen and not the new email address I had to set up just in order to complete the PC set-up exercise. How does one do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

Money&TaxAccountant, Jul 25, 2020
  2. otosnede Win User

User account info lost after changing login email

Changing User Email Login on My PC [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Changing User Email Login on My PC

how can I change my user account

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you don’t want to see the email at login screen.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Step: To skip the login screen:

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Under User tab, uncheck the box “user must enter user name and password to use this computer”

• Click on apply and enter the password click on ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

Note: Above steps will skip the login Window to enter the password, so anyone can use your computer.

Also refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Changing User Email Login on My PC

1. Changing User Email Login on My PC - Similar Threads - Changing User Email

2. email changed login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    email changed login: I tried to login on my computer. However, instead of logging in on my main email, it is asking to login on a different one and the main one was removed. I'm not familiar of the email. What should I do?...
  3. email changed login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email changed login: I tried to login on my computer. However, instead of logging in on my main email, it is asking to login on a different one and the main one was removed. I'm not familiar of the email. What should I do?...
  4. email changed login

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to change the Microsoft email for the login user

How to change the Microsoft email for the login user: I bought a new laptop for my son. During the initial setup, the login username was his name. But the Microsoft account was using my email. Now he has his own Microsoft account, how can I update his user with his email? I do not wish to create a new user. Is it possible for...
  6. Change my email on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my email on pc: Hello, I have an old email associated to my computer and I would like to change it. When I go to "Edit profile" and select "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" then I press "Add email adress" and select "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" because I...
  7. Change Login Email Address

Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  8. create user and login without email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    create user and login without email: I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions....
  9. User account info lost after changing login email

User account info lost after changing login email: [img] I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot,...
  10. Change user email login

Change user email login: I deleted my old email at live.com and created a new Outlook.com email which I use to login to Microsoft. The old bredband email has been deleted but how do I update the email address aat the login screen to show the new one without creating a new account? What I am trying...