Windows 10: Changing user

Discus and support Changing user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a Dell laptop that runs windows 10. I changed the administrator account from what it was (the name of the place where I got it) to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lanamarie97, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Changing user

Hi, I recently got a Dell laptop that runs windows 10. I changed the administrator account from what it was (the name of the place where I got it) to mine, but if I download something or something like that, it'll still say "downloading/user/aarons/" and I want it to say ME not aarons. I've googled every which way but apparently it should change when I changed the settings on my administrator account, and when I linked my microsoft account with it. Am I doing something wrong?? Is there even a way to fix this?? I just want to feel like my laptop is mine, and not a pre owned laptop I'm leasing. If I go to the administrator settings it no longer says aarons, it says my name and has my email, but obviously I did something wrong if it still says "/user/aarons/"

Also, when I go to log in it says my name too.

Sorry if this is posted more than once, I couldn't click on submit from this crappy web page.

:)

lanamarie97, Apr 28, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Changing user

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Changing user

1. Changing user - Similar Threads - Changing user

2. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  3. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  4. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  6. User password must be changed before logging in

User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  7. User password must be changed before logging in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I can't access my orginal account, files everything after I changed my user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my orginal account, files everything after I changed my user profile: Hey I'm Kalewold, after I changed users folder I can't signin to my orginal account and all my files are destroyed please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-orginal-account-files-everything/00a5247b-60f9-4af8-8dd9-86ce0b25f8e3
  9. I can't access my orginal account, files everything after I changed my user profile

I can't access my orginal account, files everything after I changed my user profile: Hey I'm Kalewold, after I changed users folder I can't signin to my orginal account and all my files are destroyed please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-orginal-account-files-everything/00a5247b-60f9-4af8-8dd9-86ce0b25f8e3
  10. my user folder is changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my user folder is changed: hi , since a few months ago ; my user folder is changed ; in all devices I have tried and I see they are fixed but mine not :the text alignment of folders' name has been change instant of being in the center they are RTL ! could anyone help me fixed this issuse?...