Windows 10: Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app

Discus and support Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to change my username -- not password -- on an email account in Windows 10 Email app. The manage or fix option allows only a password change --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShelleyEG, May 22, 2020.

1. ShelleyEG Win User

Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app

I need to change my username -- not password -- on an email account in Windows 10 Email app. The manage or fix option allows only a password change -- the account username is grayed out and can't be change. I don't want to delete and then restart the account with a new username because they are many gigs of data that would have to repopulate if I did that. So how do I find where the username for that account is stored and can be edited?

:)

ShelleyEG, May 22, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 22, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 22, 2020
  4. Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app

1. Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app - Similar Threads - Changing username email

2. Changing Email On Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Email On Microsoft Account: Hi,I have forgotten my password for my outlook account for user for windows account and have failed to reset the password. I have another outlook account I cant as I cannot login to it. Is there anyway to change this email without making a new user?...
  3. Change account email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account email: I'm not being able to change my account email. The verification code does not arrive in my current email even after hours and numerous attempts. Note: I am 100% sure that the email I asked to send the code is the current email from my account....
  4. Changing Windows 10 Account email and privelages

Changing Windows 10 Account email and privelages: Hello, I have a problem when logging into Windows 10. For years all my desktop files and programs have been associated with one account. That account and password was associated to my email with all administrator privileges.About 2 weeks ago I logged into my desktop account...
  5. Changing primary email account.

Changing primary email account.: In short.I recently got a new SSD and HDD and reinstalled Windows. When I turned on my computer I input the wrong email to connect to the Desktop and settings I had originally on my previous HDD. I was able to add it to the account but now there is two J.D.Brown5's and I only...
  6. Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10: My wife purchased a new laptop and when first setting it up entered my Hotmail address. Now everything on her computer links to my accounts. We created a primary alias account for her Gmail address but stuff still is linking to my Hotmail address. How do we totally...
  7. Change email for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change email for Microsoft account: I purchased a new laptop but my email is already connected to the Microsoft account of my daughter. Could you help me with advice how to separate our Microsoft accounts but not to lose content we have saved?...
  8. Changing email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing email account: I accidently singed into my primary account on my pc with a freinds email and now i cant change the email used on my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-account/ca536134-8d2b-448d-8121-c2ca57362bac"
  9. Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings: The Microsoft 10 Mail app (Not Outlook) [ATTACH] In mail settings, the user name is greyed out and has the wrong data (see above). I changed my email address for privacy to say fake. HOW DO I correct the user name there in that box without deleting the whole email account...
  10. Change account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"