Windows 10: changing username

Discus and support changing username in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro on a brand new computer, made sure all updates and drivers were downloaded and installed. the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeGrogis, Jan 21, 2020.

1. changing username

I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro on a brand new computer, made sure all updates and drivers were downloaded and installed. the system runs great, however, when I changed the name of the user from "User1" to admin, the system reboots and gives me windows errors everytime I boot. if I change it back, it appears to work fine ?????

:)

MikeGrogis, Jan 21, 2020

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 21, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    request username change

can a ADMINISTRATOR change my username to Onemoar

OneMoar, Jan 21, 2020
  4. changing username

Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

changing username

1. changing username - Similar Threads - changing username

2. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?: When I logged into the computer, it does not recognize my account or the name of the account instead it display USERONE. I do not want USERONE in my log in screen nor under the name of the account. We tried reset the computer, but it kept on saying USERONE....
  3. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?: When I logged into the computer, it does not recognize my account or the name of the account instead it display USERONE. I do not want USERONE in my log in screen nor under the name of the account. We tried reset the computer, but it kept on saying USERONE....
  4. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  6. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  7. How to change my username ?

8. Can't rename user folder after i changed my username on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't rename user folder after i changed my username on windows 10: So, basically, i just changed my username on my windows 10 PC because the old one contained a space in it and i guessed that i would have issues related to scripts relating that folder, and when i changed my username, the user folder was still the same, and it won't let me...
  9. Can't rename user folder after i changed my username on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't rename user folder after i changed my username on windows 10: So, basically, i just changed my username on my windows 10 PC because the old one contained a space in it and i guessed that i would have issues related to scripts relating that folder, and when i changed my username, the user folder was still the same, and it won't let me...
  10. Can't rename user folder after i changed my username on windows 10