Windows 10: Changing userpath in Registry Editor

Discus and support Changing userpath in Registry Editor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NativeOyster47, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to my user profile was simply %USERPROFILE% and I was correct. Is there any way of mass replacing %USERPROFILE% with the correct path like how notepad has Replace All, or will I have to manually have to go in and fix this?

:)

NativeOyster47, Apr 16, 2024

2. Registry editor

Hi Ruben,

Changes made using the Registry Editor can greatly affect how your system works. Should you wish to undo those changes, we suggest that you restore your system to an earlier state. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

You can also find this
    article
    useful for backing up your files before making changes with your registry.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 16, 2024
  3. undo a registry editor?

Hello! My name is Mostafa, and I will try my best to assist you with this so that you find a satisfactory solution.

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Your registry edit may have caused issues with your keyboard and mouse functionality.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "regedit" and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.

3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

4. Right-click on the "Scancode Map" value and select Delete.

5. Confirm that you want to delete the value by clicking Yes.

6. Close the Registry Editor.

7. Restart your computer.

After following these steps, your registry edit should be undone, and your keyboard and mouse should be functioning normally again.

Registry Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you change the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

Please check the below link.

https://windowsreport.com/undo-registry-changes...

Disclaimer - There is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before downloading and installing it.

I hope the above steps helped you. In case of additional questions, reach out back to me, and I will be happy to help and try my best to resolve your issue. Thank you.

Best,

Mostafa

Mostafa Sadeghi, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

Registry Editor Freezes !!

I HAD TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL STARTING W/MICSOFT 7 PRO. ALSO HAD TO DO A LOT OF FINGER CROSSING!

AND WHEN IT UPDATES IT WENT TO THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS 10. 1511_10586.71 INSTEAD OF THE BUILD 10586.0. 10586.0 WAS THE BUILD THAT HAD THE REGISTRY EDITOR FLAW.

Scanner1142, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

Changing userpath in Registry Editor

1. Changing userpath in Registry Editor - Similar Threads - Changing userpath Registry

2. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  3. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  4. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  5. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  6. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  7. Registry editors

Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editors/6183e553-c449-4119-9f14-e55e2eed69d5
  8. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  9. registry editor menu has changed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    registry editor menu has changed: When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized list of coded words which is gibberish to me. This is not the way registry editor previously displayed when set to run'. What...
  10. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...