Windows 10: Changing Web Document desktop icons

Discus and support Changing Web Document desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to change a Web Document desktop icon from white/blank to an .ico file? I can't get it to work on my new computer running Windows 10 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by condadobeach, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Changing Web Document desktop icons

Is it possible to change a Web Document desktop icon from white/blank to an .ico file? I can't get it to work on my new computer running Windows 10 as it did in my old computer running Windows 7.

:)

condadobeach, Feb 8, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Changing Web Document desktop icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Changing Web Document desktop icons

1. Changing Web Document desktop icons - Similar Threads - Changing Web Document

2. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  3. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  4. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Documents Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Documents Icon: I have this icon stuck on my desktop, I think if I delete it then it will remove all my documents, also when I restart my computer it comes back even if I delete it I believe....
  6. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?: When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10. I now have a new system and NEED them back. I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search...
  7. Desktop icons changed...

Desktop icons changed...: Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changed/dedee99f-72a0-47a7-bb61-d514efd0e8c4
  8. Changing Icons On Desktop

Changing Icons On Desktop: Hello, all. Is there a way to change to icons on the desktop from stock image to something custom, like a picture? If not a picture, then just a different icon? I am mainly thinking of the folders with their generic folder icons. Thanks for the feedback. bug 94787
  9. Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop: Hi all! I would like to add some web Shortcuts to my desktop and then change the icon so it shows a graphic for what the item is. I know how to add a web site short to the desktop, but the icon is just generic. For example, say I want to add an web shortcut for Taco Bell...
  10. Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows The drives. In Windows 10, the Send to > Documents context menu will send a copy of the item to your default save location in your Documents library. This tutorial...