Windows 10: Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

Discus and support Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all! I would like to add some web Shortcuts to my desktop and then change the icon so it shows a graphic for what the item is. I know how to add... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Missionforkids, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

Hi all!

I would like to add some web Shortcuts to my desktop and then change the icon so it shows a graphic for what the item is. I know how to add a web site short to the desktop, but the icon is just generic. For example, say I want to add an web shortcut for Taco Bell and for UCLA (for example). I add the short cuts to the desktop, then I want to make the generic icons look like Taco Bell's bell logo and UCLA's mascot (a bruin). I assume there is an easy way to do this because I have seen these; I am just clueless on how to do it. Can you point me in the right direction, please? Thanks!!

:)

Missionforkids, Aug 24, 2016
  2. sleepy777 Win User

Web shortcut icon changer?

Example: Windows XP allows you to created a web shortcut and place it on the desktop and also allows you to change the icon image.

Is this possible on a Touch Pro 2 Window OS 6.5? If possible, how would you do it? I googled the subject to death but could not find anything related to this. The only thing I found was programs allow changing icons for programs/.exe files; nothing was found
    for web shortcuts and web shortcut icon changer.

sleepy777, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Icon for btmail

To add a shortcut to the desktop:

• Right click on the desktop (not on an icon)
    • Select New > Shortcut
    • type "http://" without quotes and type the web address you want to go to (BT | Using the power of communications to make a better world)
    • Click Next and type in a name for the shortcut (this will be the text under the shortcut)
    • Click Finish
    This will create a new icon on the desktop that leads to bt.com

JacobR_123, Aug 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop [​IMG]

Right click, change icon

dalchina, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

1. Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop - Similar Threads - Changing Web Shortcut

2. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Will it affect my games,...
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: In Windows 10 My icons have disappeared.The names of the items are still there and I can click on them to access the programme.But the icon pictures are not showing.I have done personalislation/Themes/desktop items but with no success.I have even done System Restore but no...
  4. Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing: Hello everyone, I'm running into a bug that is obscure, driving me nuts, and taken many hours of my time trying to find a fix. On Windows 10 Home, the shortcut overlay image on my desktop icons routinely changes every few minutes to a variety of icons, a small handful of...
  5. Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, I'm running into a bug that is obscure, driving me nuts, and sucked many hours of my time. On Windows 10 Home, the shortcut overlay image on my desktop icons routinely changes (every few minutes) to a variety of icons, a small handful of some...
  6. how to add shortcut icon to desktop for a web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add shortcut icon to desktop for a web page: trying to put shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-shortcut-icon-to-desktop-for-a-web-page/abeaea90-d25d-4e33-8baa-aa19eb20e89a
  7. Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons: I have a new computer just 8 days old. I run Windows 10 ver. 1909 and have an office 365 subscription. 2 days ago Windows Update installed its updates and then Office 365 tried to update and it crashed. This has happened to me before a while back on another computer and the...
  8. Changing Web Document desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Web Document desktop icons: Is it possible to change a Web Document desktop icon from white/blank to an .ico file? I can't get it to work on my new computer running Windows 10 as it did in my old computer running Windows 7....
  9. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop shortcut http web icons